Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got a 73 Nova that was wacked in the front and the sub frame was trashed and now I'm tryin to decide what to do with it. I'm leaning towards just finding another sub frame and going that route, but a buddy of mine says that now is the perfect time to do a tube chassis. This will be a strip only car with a small block and a stick to run in our local Pro Stick class. Just looking for some pics of what the front frame should look like, what kind of suspension so you run and how does it mount to the body. I'm not 100% set on the tube chassis idea mainly cause it sounds expensive. Let me see what you all have.
Thanks Matt:smt066

·
Registered
144 Posts
no pics but there are a few companys that offer a complete front end clip, like morrison, alston, ccp, are just a few.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
once the firewall is gone the price of the car will more than double. Put a Smith Racecraft front stub on it. Stock susp cars are the thing right now and wont be worth 0 when you sell it.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The Smith type fronts are nice if you are a stock suspension racer but rules vary alot from no C/O stuff and no aftermarket tube arms. If you decide you want a new front end there are a couple options. You can do a control arm set up but while stronger and better for cornering they weigh more and most have a crossmember which is under the pan so pan removal is harder. Then you got the strut which is the lightest set up and totally open under the pan for easy pan removal. Not as strong as a control arm system but lighter. You just need to decide what you want. RM

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come on over tomorrow Mr. Smith I'll take you for a ride in the chevelle and show you how I do it. Be sure to bring some clean undershorts your gonna need them!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the roll cage tie into that sub at all, and how is that mounted to the firewall it looks like heim ends?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Does the roll cage tie into that sub at all, and how is that mounted to the firewall it looks like heim ends?
you can tie it into the cage if wanted it has a couple of steel plates that bolt to the firewall the heim joints are to adjust the plates to the firewall due to chassis variations from car to car.or to allow for variences in manufacturing. it bolted in really easy. the most work was welding the steering linkage to the factory column.

·
Registered
144 Posts
what that bad boy cost?
do they do it in moly?
i've been looking for a clip myself

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Here's a homemade strut front with a rack. RM

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
once the firewall is gone the price of the car will more than double. Put a Smith Racecraft front stub on it. Stock susp cars are the thing right now and wont be worth 0 when you sell it.
Ok..maybe a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway...What do you mean "Once the firewall is gone?"

Are you saying the price will double to build it or the resale value?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ok..maybe a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway...What do you mean "Once the firewall is gone?"

Are you saying the price will double to build it or the resale value?

I think he is saying the cost will double once the firewall is removed in chassis work.
and that the car will be worth more with the stock suspension style smith racecraft front clip.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,840 Posts
nice front clip!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts