Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
if your wanting to use a kit heres a budget 4link kit i did a few years ago, its a Applied racing kit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice work. What I want to do is a street/strip car with square tubing, I think? I was also wondering what would be better, ladder bar or 4-link?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I had vey good luck with a pre-welded frame kit from S&W Racecars (follow link in sig to see their site).
Mine is a 24", 2"x3" frame with ladder bars. I also used their 14pt sportsman cage, narrowed rear, coil overs, track bar wheel tubs, just about everyhting I got came from them.
If your a first time do-er like I was their instruction a very good and they also have a good customer service.
My thoughts for a street car, ladder bars would be a better choice over 4 link, but from what I was told, 4 links cars hold a better value.
Also Mickey's work is hard to beat......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my street driving is about 200-250 miles a year. a long trip would be a trip to work and back, about 40 round trip. no highway driving too much gear (4.86). I was think a ladder bar suspension was the way to go. I installed a s&w 8 point roll bar in the car years ago. was very happy with the fit and directions, but it's time to upgrade. A stock suspension (cal-tracs and split leafs) would be ok, but the rear frame rails and rear floor on the car is probably not it's best parts. (rust) not really rust out but a lot of work to make it right. So I figured a back half would be the way to go. I am a somewhat of a beginner but been in the auto business for 22 years. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Refer to the 4-link vs. ladder bar thread my opinions have been expressed there as well as other good opinions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts