Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to paint my car flat black if people could post some pics of other cars and which brand of paint you were using and maybe some dos and donts i am going to have local body shop do it i want it to look very good i have heard of finger print problems where it shows everytime you touch it with some of the different types any info would be great.:supz:

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have done this recently three different ways and personally they all have good and bad points. On one roach I was working on I just went with the good old black epoxy, that worked out pretty good and probably looked the best. Fingerprints/grease/dirt were a problem but it looked pretty good. I then tried a single stage black urethane with a flattener, that looked kinda hazy and was a little too flat but cleaned up good and no fingerprint/grease issues. I then tried a BC/CC black with a flattener and had a real hard time getting the gloss right. It was super shiny or super flat. I coudn't find a happy medium. Next on my list is Duponts Hot Hues Hot Rod black. I hear thats the way to go. I have a problem though with paying full boat paint prices for a flat finish.......... That just doesn't seem right.

Good luck.

bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts