Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Who ended up in the sand in the last pic?

·
Registered
782 Posts
That was the old man (Michael Knight), one of the chutes got wrapped around the wheelie bars and just one wasn't enough. A little front end work and should be back in action in no time.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Very nice turnout of cars. Thanks for the pics!

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I think they run 6.0 and 7.0 Index there.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
they do a spring/fall street car shootout but its just bracket racing.
That blows!!! I remember in the late 90's early 2000's the small tire class had some kick ass races at the spring/fall street car shows.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They have a 6.0 index race there at the street car nationals in the spring and the fall.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah, a handful of nuts and washers and it was still too aggressive. We did make one good pass for 1st round of elims when the sun got off the track. Missed Ricky Smith's track record AGAIN by .02 seconds and I had to let off early as I slid through the lights sideways. :p

It was a good time overall and the track owners are great folks. Good seeing you Tim!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would like to thank tim lewis and everyone who helped get the car and all the stuff back to the trailer. man it is sand everywhere !! anyone got any pointers on fixing carbon fiber.(cracks and holes)??

·
20,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to thank tim lewis and everyone who helped get the car and all the stuff back to the trailer. man it is sand everywhere !! anyone got any pointers on fixing carbon fiber.(cracks and holes)??
no problem! iam not only there to shoot pics iam there to help as many ways i can. you can fix carbon the same way as glass. i think the front end can be fixed up with a little work. alot cheaper than buying another one.

·
Registered
930 Posts
no problem! iam not only there to shoot pics iam there to help as many ways i can. you can fix carbon the same way as glass. i think the front end can be fixed up with a little work. alot cheaper than buying another one.
that's what i like to here!!!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I didn't get a look at how bad your damage was but I've had mine fixed before and it's all carbon. The body guys used fiberglass. Not sure what kind of filler they used though.

·
20,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't get a look at how bad your damage was but I've had mine fixed before and it's all carbon. The body guys used fiberglass. Not sure what kind of filler they used though.
when we were working on the vettes nose we used evercoat for the filler. best stuff out there. sands really nice also.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
i cant believe they race promods there,i took my car the ONCE,went through the traps at 150 and about crashed at the end.thats a scary ass track

1 - 19 of 19 Posts