Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to update my old cast iron protop line heads, Im having a hard time picking between AFR outlaw 220 and trick flow highports

393w
14-1 compression with 55cc head
Solid roller 710/710 lift 271/[email protected]
Ported super vic
950 alcohol carb

·
Registered
690 Posts
this is a 100% drag car- bracket race with little bit of grudge race using 200-250 shot if that matters
There are Highports from stock 192cc to 250+cc. I would look at a set of Highports from a shop where they would be more custom to your application instead of just the standard Highports from Summit. There are lots of shops with Highport experience.

·
Registered
55,650 Posts
For what you are doing the AFR's will be the bang for the buck choice.

HP's will produce better numbers but at a price.

So, it depends on the budget.

·
Registered
557 Posts
For my 438 SBF I went with the TrickFlow (TEA 250 HP) haven't really got a good handle on the engine yet but right off of the trailer it went 5.90 at 118 NA headed back to the track this weekend going to make some NA passes then turn it loose on some spray..... built for spray with nitrous converter

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For what you are doing the AFR's will be the bang for the buck choice.

HP's will produce better numbers but at a price.

So, it depends on the budget.
Ya, the HP is lot more $$ , im thinking for my application the AFR is best and i can spend that $$ saved on other parts and i dont have to buy new rockers

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For my 438 SBF I went with the TrickFlow (TEA 250 HP) haven't really got a good handle on the engine yet but right off of the trailer it went 5.90 at 118 NA headed back to the track this weekend going to make some NA passes then turn it loose on some spray..... built for spray with nitrous converter
Mine is all motor and has a cam for all motor , i do want to run the 6.0 index class so my goal is 5.90, i have the car to handle it just need the power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts