Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how do you guys go about picking a gym or better yet, a personal trainer at a gym? Over the passed 6 months I've been eating a hell of a lot healthier, but it seems like diet alone has came to its peak of weight loss. Now I'm motivated to take the next step in my weight loss adventure, but not 100% sure what path I need to go. So if anybody has any advice it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Go sit outside a few in your car around 6 pm.
Look for banging ass hot chicks walking out in cross fit shirts.
Massive ass dudes with huge gym bags and some sort of supplement shirt on from another country. large chains hanging off their shoulders. Old dudes with ridiculous vascularity. That one is a dead give away.

The employees should be hot chicks or amateur bodybuilders.
Pick the biggest trainer in the gym that doesn't compete. He probably has the supply of juice you need.

When you find that you are home.
Seriously. Lots of gyms full of fat people trying to do low intensity cardio to loose weight.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go sit outside a few in your car around 6 pm.
Look for banging ass hot chicks walking out in cross fit shirts.
Massive ass dudes with huge gym bags and some sort of supplement shirt on from another country. large chains hanging off their shoulders. Old dudes with ridiculous vascularity. That one is a dead give away.

The employees should be hot chicks or amateur bodybuilders.
Pick the biggest trainer in the gym that doesn't compete. He probably has the supply of juice you need.

When you find that you are home.
Seriously. Lots of gyms full of fat people trying to do low intensity cardio to loose weight.

Hah, figured that would be the easiest way.

·
Plain & Simple
1,529 Posts
Make sure gym is clean. Nothing worse then a dirty,nasty gym.

Hammer strength machines
Free weights - lots of them.
Barbells
dumbells
Cardio machines - treadmills,stair climbers,etc
locker room with showers

24/7 Gym - Go day or night

If you see these things listed,it's usually a nice gym.

·
Registered
550 Posts
My daughter is doing cross fit, they work your butt off and get you to eat different. Check them out.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If they don't have 150lb dumbells, fuck that place!
If they don't have 100lb plates, fuck that place!
If they don't have a deadlift platform, fuck that place!
If they do have a monolift, That's a great place!
If they do have at least 5 flat benches, That's a great place!
If you have to ask what a monolift is, you need a gym that doesn't have 150lb dumbells, deadlift platform or 100lb plates

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you have to ask what a monolift is, you need a gym that doesn't have 150lb dumbells, deadlift platform or 100lb plates
sums it up

·
Registered
314 Posts
South Carolina Barbell in Columbia South Carolina if this is close to you go there, The owner Marc Bartley is a top notch Trainer.

·
Registered
20,872 Posts
get a good pair of running shoes and start running every day......the weight will come off extremely quick

gyms are fucking disgusting and most people that use them are fucking pigs!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Easy. Pick the one that's the most convenient and fits your budget. don't pay for a high end place with bells and whistles you'll never use. I learned this lesson.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
For me the two biggest criteria were that 1) it had to be open 24 hours as I like to go early before work and 2) it had to be clean. I go to a small Anytime Fitness. It works out perfect for me as the only people in there as early as I go are a couple of old farts on the elipticals. I have free reign of all of the free weights in the house. After work is a different story, only did that once.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds like he's trying to lose some weight, not look like a small dicked egotistical meathead that doesn't care about anybody except himself. It doesn't matter what gym you go to as long if you don't use the equipment correctly. Look for cleanliness and what you wanna do. You won't do it if you don't wanna do it.

·
Registered
15,629 Posts
So how do you guys go about picking a gym or better yet, a personal trainer at a gym? Over the passed 6 months I've been eating a hell of a lot healthier, but it seems like diet alone has came to its peak of weight loss. Now I'm motivated to take the next step in my weight loss adventure, but not 100% sure what path I need to go. So if anybody has any advice it would be appreciated.
Find one that is convenient for ya to get to and go there at a time you would normally workout and see how crowded it is. Doesn't matter how good the equipment is if you have to stand in line to get to it. What's the vibe of the club? Go to several and see which one feels the best for ya.

Water finds it own level. Belong to two fitness clubs with one being a Lifetime Fitness and the other a World Gym. The people at both are night and day. The World Gym is cheaper than shit but you pay for it. Not a very good crowd, only go there occasionally because it so cheap it's basically free. Lifetime is about 8 times more expensive but you get what you pay for. I see former professional athletes almost every time I go there along with some absolutely killer looking babes. The actual workout is about the same at both but one hell of a difference in the crowd. Pick one that fits your budget with people whom you are comfortable being around.

Not a big fan of personal trainers. Very overrated in my book for the average person as most people whom have trained a while know as much if not more. There are a few that really know their stuff, but they usually train competitive bodybuilders and know how to manage diet, supplements and pre-contest peaking. Just watch how others whom are fit train and copy what they do or even better find a workout partner. You will always get a better workout if two people are pushing each other.

Denny

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sounds like he's trying to lose some weight, not look like a small dicked egotistical meathead that doesn't care about anybody except himself. It doesn't matter what gym you go to as long if you don't use the equipment correctly. Look for cleanliness and what you wanna do. You won't do it if you don't wanna do it.
Yes you are correct... You should be a spokeperson for Planet Fitness where you won't be judged and you really don't have to try. Just as long as you show up, you're a winner and everyone gets a trophy.
If the OP has thought about a gym, he has thought about adding strength and muscle, so going to a gym that is clean and everyone in there has no interest in either adding muscle or strength, than it will be counter productive...
Also, not all meat heads have a small dick

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Well, I rep the 150's on incline and 405 on flat RAW...........and I don't have a fucking clue what the monolift is............so I guess that just shot holes in your theory.

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,156 Posts
get a good pair of running shoes and start running every day......the weight will come off extremely quick

gyms are fucking disgusting and most people that use them are fucking pigs!!
And that's why I prefer to workout at home.

There are some nice gyms out there, just have to really take your time finding one. When I lived in Colorado Springs I belonged to 24 Hour Fitness. They have 3-4 locations there. The ones closer to the "good" neighborhoods were definitely the better ones. I would drive a little bit out of my way to go to the cleaner locations but, at all of them there was still the problem of waiting for people to get the fuck off the machines.
I do miss having a variety of equipment to use, to vary my workouts though.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I have everything at home, but while that is good for me, it is a dust catcher for others

If you are just starting to go to a gym, you want to keep a solid routine so you don't quit after 3 months
Find a place that is easy to get to and that you are comfortable to be in. The only probelem with a place that is 24/7 or working out alone is that you may lose your motivation by being on your own and lose interest
Having others around you at your same level or interest will give you motivation to keep going...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My gym is a pretty easy going place. Only problem I have is when people want to come bullshit while Im lifting. Happens all the time if Im there during the day, but Ive seen this at most gyms.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, I rep the 150's on incline and 405 on flat RAW...........and I don't have a fucking clue what the monolift is............so I guess that just shot holes in your theory.
Chicken legs maybe??? Arms as big as legs and legs as big as arms???
I'm just kidding with ya, don't get all butt-hurt...
The monolift is an apparatus that is made specifically for the squat... When you un-rack the weights, the rack swings out of the way so you do not have to walk the weight out...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts