Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AND I LOVE IT!!!!! Its a 70/29 and I love shooting this bow! Its not a speed demon.... pushing a 29" axis w/ 100gr target tips 272fps... but I wanna put it on my buddies chrono and see what it does on his oehler... The place I chronoed it was a hoyt dealer, and I dunno if they didnt fiddle with the chrono before I shot it, I say that b/c they may have wanted me to buy one of their bows.

I dont care how fast it is really, it shoots great and its very quiet.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That's actually pretty quick. You figure IBO speed is figured at 70 lbs and 30in Draw with a 350 grain arrow, which is 5 grains per pound of draw weight. You loose quite a bit of speed just cutting the draw length down to 29", and then your Axis's probably weight 400+ Grains complete which is gonna cost you more speed. Sooo shooting 272 FPS really isn't to bad, there is probably a little room for improvement, but take my bow for example. Hoyt Alphaburner which has one of the Highest IBOP speeds on the market, Shooting a 414 Grain Axis out of my Alphaburner at 60lbs and 28.5" draw I'm shooting 292FPS which is 50+fps slower than advertised at 70/30.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah mine is about 50-60fps off ibo's... I was expecting it to be a little faster but its not that bad. It shoots sooo good it doesnt really matter.

I remember when my buddy got his trykon back in like 05-06... it was soooo quiet compared to my old high country that he gave me to get into bow hunting... now that trykon is loud compared to this Z7

1 - 4 of 4 Posts