Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on my Coupe. I am going to chop it in front of strut towers, and redo it. Looking to see what others have done.
This is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car will be a single 82mil turbo 4valve, also wanting to mount the radiator at a angle towards the driver tire to help with putting the turbo towards center, and keep the full size rad. This is a street car.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Looking for ideas on my Coupe. I am going to chop it in front of strut towers, and redo it. Looking to see what others have done.
This is what I'm looking for.

Why in the hell would someone from south texas need a snow shovel?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^looks like John's car.I believe he live in IL.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,740 Posts
Off topic, but snow shovels are excellent for cleaning up saw dust and oil dry. I have one for those purposes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How much weight is taken off by doing this? I have mine all cut up with a plasma!

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
They use them here in So Tx to clean
up horse shit in town on the city
streets where I live,I am not kidding
you.

Where in So Tx are you at?

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
Nice
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO I live in Corpus Christi area, and that is just a pic I found on here to show what I was looking for!

I appreciate everyones help on this, I cut the front off mine earlier, and will get a weight on it tomorrow so we will all know.
Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone have any thoughts on laying the radiator flat or at a serious angle on a streetcar?? I hadn't thought of that yet...I want to put mine at a angle from about 5 inches off center over towards the driver side strut.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how much weight is saved by this, Ive been contemplating something similar with my front end but not quite as extreme.

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on laying the radiator flat or at a serious angle on a streetcar?? I hadn't thought of that yet...I want to put mine at a angle from about 5 inches off center over towards the driver side strut.
There is a member over on Hardcore5.0 (Bimini LX) that had a tubular front bumper and used tubing as the lower radiator support and layed the radiator forward between the two. It was a pretty clean install and made room for the turbo set-up, i believe TeamZ did the work but dont quote me on it.

·
Keepn my pimp hand strong
6,768 Posts
Once you replace the structure for holding the panels etc up i dont think theres a benifit in weight just the room to put shit where you want,the weight savins is in removing the front bumper supports !!!

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
If you ditched just the front bumper and lower core support, you should be in the neighborhood of dropping about 35lbs. If you cut it back to the Shock Towers then you're probably going to be in the neighborhood of about 65ish I would think after you put the replacement tubing back in. Just a guesstimation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts