Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I always hear people say common phrases with words changed. Maybe the way I know it is wrong? Example; I was just reading a known 'car magazine' where they were fixing a vibration, and they said so and so was going to "home in on the vibration" I always said it as "HONE in on the vibration" along the same lines as honing a skill. What do you all think??

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think he had predictive text set on his ipad when He wrote the story.

But only from America do I constantly here people say "I could care less" when they are trying to pretend they couldn't care less. So they obviously could be less worried! Stupid fucks.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
I could care less.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I think he had predictive text set on his ipad when He wrote the story.

But only from America do I constantly here people say "I could care less" when they are trying to pretend they couldn't care less. So they obviously could be less worried! Stupid fucks.
Lmao! Yup, that one and "wrong place, wrong time" if it was the wrong place and the wrong time thennothing would happen. But if it was the wrong place and the right time then something might actually happen or if it were the wrong place at the right time...... but never the wrong place, wrong time

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,632 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
42,720 Posts
Lmao! Yup, that one and "wrong place, wrong time" if it was the wrong place and the wrong time thennothing would happen. But if it was the wrong place and the right time then something might actually happen or if it were the wrong place at the right time...... but never the wrong place, wrong time

·
Registered
29,533 Posts
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I always hear people say common phrases with words changed. Maybe the way I know it is wrong? Example; I was just reading a known 'car magazine' where they were fixing a vibration, and they said so and so was going to "home in on the vibration" I always said it as "HONE in on the vibration" along the same lines as honing a skill. What do you all think??

Well I guess you have been saying your "Homing your skills" wrong too...:p

Katty corner or Kitty corner??

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
i hear some news reporters say ......Commander and Chief when talking about the President of the USA instead of Commander In Chief

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
"He/She always takes me for granite." I hear this so often it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
On a similar note, a friend was recently bragging on FB that he "past" the MENSA high-IQ online test.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Homing, like the homing pigeon.

Trust me, I'm an English teacher! :p

Both are correct....Though "hone" is a miss-spelled variant that gained acceptance.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/home_in_on

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
For all intensive purposes.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts