Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a many folders filled with large images and I want to resize them. Some are portrait and some landscape.

Is there I way I can have photoshop resize them all to a width = 800 and height to keep the aspect ratio?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
yes you can but PS is not really the best or quickest way to batch.....have you looked into fireworks? thats what i use to batch all my photos. you can set up whatever parameters you'd like including shrinking percentage so the total file size is smaller

·
Registered
811 Posts
Download the Windows XP PowerToy called Image Resizer. A simple right click, resize and you can do hundreds of them at once. I use it on a large number of images at a time. Very nice great quality and small size images.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The window image resizer for some reason did not load on my machine :(

I was given a way to do it in PS so I will try and work with that for now

Thanks

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I do have XP.

thanks for the offer on PS. Mark gave me the steps and I struggled through last night with them but finally got it. I was able to convert a folder of 1-2 MB images (like 70) and resized them down to 150Kish images and it was seemed okay speed wise though not the fastest I have seen.

I have used this shareware program named Picture Collector and it was GREAT, fast and easy, but with resizing, it name the images with "R_" before the original name then I would be stuck with with haveing to rename them. Not good.

The PS did it okay except I have to watch out for file named .JPG vs. .jpg as these don't always display right unless the link is using the all cap or all lower that matches the filename.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
yea with fireworks you can shrink the size to like 65% so that you end up with a file size of about 20-30k but still good enough photos to put on the web. sounds like with that other program it puts the "R" so that it doesnt overwrite your original files, which is a good thing cuz if you dont watch it'll do that hehe. do you have to have them the same name?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes.

The reason is I have about three years of pics on the web for one site.
Back when we had unlimited space it was no big deal to load large images.
Now we are running out of space.
I want bring them all on to my machine, save original sizes and then resize them all and push them back to the web with the same name
This way I don't have to change any links....hundreds, if not thousands

1 - 12 of 12 Posts