Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some photos of a Liberty clutchless trans on the chassis sliders.... don't know the exact terms for it.

Anyone?

Is there a shop that makes the components or is that custom for every car?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
not the best shots but these may help?? from Howdys 69 Camaro

call Skinny Kid?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Chris.....here's one of my old cases that I use to put mounts in customer's cars. What would you like to see?

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the photos guys.

I see the mounts on the trans, I'd like to see the mounts in the chassis that it slides on for doing clutch work.... and how far back it needs to travel?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
It only needs to slide smoothly back enough to get the input out of the bellhousing, you can pick it up and slide it further from there if needed. The more slide you put on the chassis the more skin gets knocked off your shins while you're doing the clutch. Trust me!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I have made my slides longer and build the Drive Shaft loop into the slide. You can move the trans way back and work on the clutch or remove the converter with the trans still in the car.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Jeremy...mounts look awesome but the steering shaft may be just a shade short...measure twice and cut once.:smt082

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Jeremy...mounts look awesome but the steering shaft may be just a shade short...measure twice and cut once.:smt082
Have you seen big ricks belly??? looks to be set up for him LOL!

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Need some photos of a Liberty clutchless trans on the chassis sliders.... don't know the exact terms for it.

Anyone?

Is there a shop that makes the components or is that custom for every car?

Hmmmm......

Its about time you came over to the dark side.:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts