Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thephotodemon.com/Racing/041710/

The True Street guys really stepped it up - I think Steve Turley posted a 4.99, and Kevin Neal had a string of 5.0 runs. Several of the Pro Street cars hung out in the mid to low 4.80s all day, and in Outlaw, Art McMahon laid down a 4.19 at 186 MPH.

The new concrete surface was in good shape. I hope it performs well in the heat this summer.

Damon

·
Registered
22,717 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
We had a great time, Tim Iam sure if the true street class takes off down there you need to check it out.
The track is new and very smooth ,if anyone wants to have a good time that is the place.
Jim Trisel
p.s. If you cant be fast aways do a wheelie.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
We had a great time, Tim Iam sure if the true street class takes off down there you need to check it out.
The track is new and very smooth ,if anyone wants to have a good time that is the place.
Jim Trisel
Glad you guys came down, sorry I didn't have time to stop by and say hi. We always have a good time at OV.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim Trisel
You guys were pitted next to us (we had the red & orange Vegas)...I came by but nobody was around. I just wanted to ask if the car always left on the bumper like that :p I'd say that the car was really liking the track.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
You guys were pitted next to us (we had the red & orange Vegas)...I came by but nobody was around. I just wanted to ask if the car always left on the bumper like that :p I'd say that the car was really liking the track.
Demon your going to have to start getting further down track for TS. ;)

Nice pics as always

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No shit, Kevin. Next time I'm going to shoot you guys from the finish line.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No, we need to test friday night but it rained. That was a new motor so it was not set to run like it did.The drag radials did not slip at all.Every round they sprayed the track, I think the world of a track owner that will do that. One hell of a show you guys have.
Jay & Jim Trisel

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
No, we need to test friday night but it rained. That was a new motor so it was not set to run like it did.The drag radials did not slip at all.Every round they sprayed the track, I think the world of a track owner that will do that. One hell of a show you guys have.
Jay & Jim Trisel
They just spent LARGE loot to do the full concrete deal. they repaved last year but it was not right so they torn it up and started over, so they don't mind a few bucks on some glue.

Same conditions as "the nights the lights went out in GA" race same tune up went 5.03 at valdosa and 5.01 at OV so the track seems like it was right there. did have the front end a touch looser at OV but everything else the same

·
42,500 Posts
I didn't think they allowed a W tire in true street.
We allowed the 29Ws in at the same weight as the 315s and the big Hoosiers...We've always been willing to try things, that others usually end up following, so maybe its time to shake this shit up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
42,500 Posts
Jim Trisel
We were glad to see you guys, and hopefully you'll bring that bad bitch back down next month.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
We were glad to see you guys, and hopefully you'll bring that bad bitch back down next month.
So if I'm reading the rules right. I have a big block turbo, over 88mm and need to weigh 3550 with a stock suspension 87 Regal, FAST and liquid intercooler?

·
42,500 Posts
So if I'm reading the rules right. I have a big block turbo, over 88mm and need to weigh 3550 with a stock suspension 87 Regal, FAST and liquid intercooler?
The new break for the turbo size is 94MM...So if you have anything bigger than a 94MM, you would have to be 3550lbs if you run the bigger tire.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
The new break for the turbo size is 94MM...So if you have anything bigger than a 94MM, you would have to be 3550lbs if you run the bigger tire.
It's over 94mm and I'd run the 325/50 radial. I'll be in Bowling green KY the weekend of May 15th.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts