Yellow Bullet Forums banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
funny i was talking to an area racer and he was asking if i was going to go to HMP this year and shoot, IMO that place is way too dark (lighting wise) for me , until I pony up the big coin for a camera body to shoot at a ubber high ISO

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just realized I hadn't posted in here yet. My names Austin Acker. Im 30. I shoot with a D90 and a D7000. Mostly drag racing and car stuff but i shoot landscapes, waterfallsz and people occasionally. It has been a side thing for me but I have been wanting to pursue it more as a full time gig. I shoot mostly at the NC tracks and Radial Tire classes if im not running mine. A few of mine...

racing stuff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Rob and I'm from the Jersey shore, specifically, Toms River. I've been racing at Raceway Park running the 10.50 index for the last couple of years during the Corvette challenge and this year I will most likely be visiting Atco more often because of the 10.50 index class at Raceway Park isn't happening this year.

I have 1998 black C5 with a H/C/I (346ci) N/A motor. I am setup to run NANO but had some issues with it last year. I think it's fixed, replaced the window switch and two step. I haven't ran the N20 yet this year just one rental where I had some 10.3's.

The reason I stopped in is because I recently picked up a Nikon 5100. I'm having a problem shooting video. It seems it will shoot only when viewing from the display. When I try to use the view-finder, it doesn't seem to want to record video.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Here is a recent photo of my pup that I am raising for The Seeing Eye - his name is Champ!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm new here but not to racing.
I've been a pro photographer off & on since the late 60's, working mostly the left coast. I'm in my 60's now & it's just a hobby mostly today.
I shoot at alot of the Bakersfield events now including March Meet & Hot Rod Reunion. I shoot for several websites which get me media credentials to all events there.

My gear is 3- Nikon D300 bodies & lots of VR glass

·
Registered
820 Posts
I did'nt even know YB had a photography forum,doh LOL.

I had the multimedia section minimized to make it easier to navigate the main page,and I guess they slipped this in on me.

Too cool.

Well,like a few other's here,I freely admit I'm not even close to being a "pro",instead I'm going to be working on "stepping up my game" some,and moving from the really basic P&S digicams to slightly more advanced hardware.

Anyhow,for now I'll be working with a Nikon P7700 and a Nikon P310.

Which I've read means I've probably locked myself into being a "Nikon guy" for the rest of my life now,,,oh well,,,damage done...

That kinda makes this ever-so-slightly intimidating,as I see there are a lotta Canon shooters here.

I hope that deal is'nt anything like the whole Android/Ios blood feud,LOL.

Anyhow,I also recently picked up a Nexus 7 tab to use with these cameras,and I was kinda curious how many of ya'll out there are using tablets in your work,and what you prefer in terms of those and what apps and such do you think are worth using.

But that may really be a question that deserves a seperate thread???

Oh well,intro done,I'll hafta pop in from time to time from here on.

Bret P.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey all. Names Justin, I'm from the central WI area. I've been shooting with Damon (Stangman98) at SGMP's Lights out 3 & 4 and Holly Springs Fall Brawl. Just started my own thing, kinda for shits and giggles. I use a Nikon D300 that I bought from Damon. Still getting used to things. No really pictures to post up right now though.

·
Prick Pro PhotoG
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
funny i was talking to an area racer and he was asking if i was going to go to HMP this year and shoot, IMO that place is way too dark (lighting wise) for me , until I pony up the big coin for a camera body to shoot at a ubber high ISO

Remote Flash > High ISO but thats just my op.

I shot there for years and either used on camera flash or most of the time remote flash.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I live in Connecticut. Pretty new to using a good camera, recently purchased a Nikon D3200 DSLR. I have so much to learn that I feel like my learning curve is actually not a curve but instead a rocket going straight up.The local track for me is Lebanon Valley Dragway in New York. I don't race myself, but go a few times a year. I like taking pictures of everything, not just fast cars.

Glenn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Complete new guy to drag racing photography! I 15 am going to shoot my first official race next weekend at the NOPI Nats in Bristol for EOPM. Here are some photos from the last race:

I used a Galaxy Note 3 to take those and I had a great time taking those photos. I am looking to get a new camera for the coming weekend and I was wondering which is a better deal that will last me a while.

Sony DSCH300/B 20MP Digital Camera with 35X Optical Zoom - Black - $189-$219

Panasonic FZ70K 16.1MP Digital Camera with 60x Optical Zoom - Black (DMC-FZ70P-K) - $300-$400

Also if any experienced photographers will be there next weekend I would really appreciate some hands on advice!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I live in Connecticut. Pretty new to using a good camera, recently purchased a Nikon D3200 DSLR. I have so much to learn that I feel like my learning curve is actually not a curve but instead a rocket going straight up.The local track for me is Lebanon Valley Dragway in New York. I don't race myself, but go a few times a year. I like taking pictures of everything, not just fast cars.

Glenn
Jim from the Sony forum on DPreview is the track photographer for Lebanon Valley. I'm sure he could help you out a bit if you ask him. Can't remember what his last name is ATM but he and his wife are video and photogs there!. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just purchased a Nikon D7100 the beginning of this year with the 18-140 kit lens and am working on panning shots at my local track, Atco dragway in N.J. I'm getting better over time but I'm still having more poor pictures than good ones. Just not steady enough with my panning but I do occasionally get some good shots. Most of my shots are at 70-80mm zoom and I'm trying to take them at 1/80 shutter speed.

·
#Tittipicsmatter !
5,753 Posts
I just purchased a Nikon D5300 from Sams Club yesterday. Last camera I owned besides the one on my phone would spit out the pictures as you took them. This is going to take some time to learn. I ordered the book "the D5300 for dummies". Maybe the book will help. I do not want to take pictures for money. I just want to be able to go to the track with the camera when my car is broke and get some good shots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys a newbie i am to this site and putting photos on as well can you please let me know how to do this as like i said i`m new and have never put a photo up

thanks glen

·
Registered
70 Posts
New here also. I've been playing with cameras for many years, just started getting kinda serious the last 3 or so. Completely self taught, so I'm still way behind lots of folks out there. I still love film but have learned that digital has it's benefits. I have a Canon EOS 60D. Tamron 18-200 and Tamron macro 60mm lenses, and I still use a couple old Canon lenses from my old film Rebel camera. Haven't done too much racing photos yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post on YB. I am fairly new at auto photography. I have taken pics of cars for years, but am finally getting serious about it. I got hired by a local car dealership to do there stock photos. Not what i really wanted to do, but at least I'm learning and getting paid to do so! I shoot with a Canon 7D Mark ii, and my favorite lens of choice is a Canon 17-55mm 2.8.

201 - 220 of 227 Posts