Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Prick Pro PhotoG
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to Yellowbullets photography section

Tell us a little about your self, area you live in, what kind of equipment you use, track you visit often?

and welcome!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Hey cool,.. well I'm Mark from Cambridge Ontario, I'm not a pro photographer but I like taking pics, I have a Kodak z-612 ,it takes decent pics and video, here are a couple pics I took and the link in my sig is the video I took of my car before it went in the booth again.

·
Team South FTW!
1,692 Posts
24 year old photo-hobbist, from Tampa Fl. Self tought except for reading a few books and asking other people "How does this look." Sony a300 18-55 macro 70-200 tele. Would like to shoot photos for a mag some day. Local tracks are Sunshine Dragstrip, and Bradenton Motorsports Park.

I know I'm not a newb around here but should get the thread started.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Good idea! Hopefully it gets a sticky!!

I'm from Northern Kentucky. I'm by no means a pro!! I just got a D200. Im saving up for good glass, but currently using a 24-120 and a 70-300. I started with the D100 and used it till the shutter kept locking up!! Some kid traded me a new d40 kit for it and I used it till just a couple months ago.

I'm probably gonna hit the local track a lot this year with my camera cause my car is still in pieces. I can't wait to try out the shooting motion thing!!

This section rocks!! I usually just ask questions in this section or lurk to see how the pros do it!!

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
I'm from the panhandle in Florida,work in the middle east,NC is home.Currently using a Nikon D-300,will be getting a 700 soon.When I'm home,I go Fayettville and Rockingham.

·
Registered
9 Posts
G'day,

I'm from Australia, my current setup is.

Nikon D40X
Nikkor 55-200 VR
Nikkor 18-55 VR

Alot of other crap that doesn't need to be posted :)

I currently run a website for photos from our local 1/8th mile tracks.. which is http://dragpix.net/ Heres some of my work.

·
Prick Pro PhotoG
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im pmed John so im sure when ever he dose get on he will stick it.

btw, Im Lonnie Gautreau, aka, Lonald, Oneshot, Grice's help, hey camera guy!.

I reside in a motorhome somewhere at a drag strip in the U.S. most of the time. Houston Tx when I am not on the road.

Track Photographer for Houston Motorsports Park, Also work for Robert Grice, shooting NHRA & IHRA Division 4, Armdrop live, FFW aka Battle of the brands, Pinks allout, and some other things. Im an event photographer, shoot and sell photos at the races...

Im not really a newbie in here though, but we didnt have this thread in the begining.

-Lonald

·
Registered
854 Posts
I just moved to Austin so I will be trying to get out to Little River/Temple and San Antonio Raceway fairly often. So far my work consists of race coverage for PowerTV. Hope to make some of the races in the Dallas and Houston area. Looks like I could hit a race every weekend between the two.

I have a Canon XSI with the kit 18-55 lens and a 70-200 lens. Hope to be upgrading my flash in the next week or so.

Nice meeting you at the ADRL race Lonnie. Hope to run into you again sometime.

·
Team North Bitches!!!!
3,966 Posts
Well my name is Matt and I currently live in Maryland. I use a Canon XTI with a 18-55IS and a 70-200 f/2.8LIS with a 430EX flash. Travel around to different tracks but my home tracks are Cecil County, 75-80 and Mason Dixon. Currently am doing event coverage for PowerTV. Will be doing monthly coverage from Cecil as well as NMCA/NMRA and ADRL.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Troy Miller, Delta,PA. I try to use a Canon Xti,Tamron 17- 50, and some kit lenses. Mostly go to Cecil County, 1 13 month old daughter and a 1 month old daughter slow me down alot which is a good thing. So picture playing and racing are both riding the back burner most of the time.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Marv Davis, at 55 I have a hard time calling myself a newbe at anything, and after retiring my old Fugica AX-3 film camera a decade or so ago, I recently got back into photography. Learned early you can put a dress on a pig, but she is still a pig. Sooooo jumped into this in a big way. Recently bought, and still learning how to use:

a Canon 50D (actually a Christmas present from the wife)
on the great advice here, just added a Canon 70-200 2.8L IS (absolutely LOVE this lense)
A Canon 17-55 2.8 IS lense
and a Canon 10-22 3.5 close up lense

Still think I'm in the market for one more lense,, something I can get up close and personal with the tiny creatures and features we share this world with (nice macro lense or the likes)

Used to take my old Fugica 43-75 foom and put it on the camera with a 'reverse mount adapter'. You could make a grain of sand look like a BOULDER! Made for some very cool slides.

Sooo I guess you could say I'm a part of the american small business owners that has a serious racing habit, and loves to dabble in taking picutres of most anything.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I dont consider myself a newbie, more of an oldie lol. Ive been shooting drag racing since 2001 and now use a Nikon D200 with various lenses. I started out years ago (when i was a kid) with a fully manual Canon ae-1 and although it was harder to shoot my first year of racing with something like that (not to mention intimidating because all the mag photographers at the time were just getting their digital stuff), i felt it really taught me patience and composure. These days i find myself slacking with the digital stuff but its necessary for posting results same day, etc.

Lil bit about me: I worked for StangCrazy.com doing photos and event results and did a lil bit of stuff with Hardcore 5.0 as well. More recently (last few years) i had been freelancing for Competition Plus. I own a drag racing series based in the Cincinnati area called Outlaw Street Madness, im also a freelance photograher for hire (anyone anyone? lol) and since i just moved again i am getting ready to start up a portrait & event photo business in the Columbus, IN area. I grew up around road racing, once i got into my teens i got more involved in drag racing. Id love to get back and shoot some road racing since i was just a kid when i did it. Thats about all for now :-D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Dave here, got myself a Canon 40d with a Canon 28-135 IS and a Tamron 17-50F2.8. I just shoot my friends and whatever catches my eye at the local tracks which are Grand Bend and St. Thomas in Ontario and Milan in Mich when I get a chance. Looking to add that one piece of glass everyone loves, the 70-200 f2.8, as soon as finances allow.
I race a 1991 Mustang with a 302 and some extras in the low 12 second range.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Been shooting Drag racing since 2007, I do freelance work for the Power TV folks and am the track photographer at Sunshine Dragstrip in St Pete FL

I shoot with a Pentax K10D but after shooting with Mark Gearhart's Cannon D40 or 40D or whatever last weekend the limitations of it are crystal clear. I have 4 lenses and shoot mostly with my Pro Master 18-200 bacause I like to move around a lot when shooting and the longer lenses limit my flexability.

I have Pentax 50-135 f2.8 that I like but havent shot much with it yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi, i'm scott and i'm an alcoholic...OOPS sorry wrong site. Anyway, I'm 32 years old and live in ypsilanti MI. Milan Dragway is the local track. I really got into photography about a year ago when i met my now fiance'. She's done portrait and landscape photography as a hobby for years. Have a Nikon D80. SB-600 flash, 55-200mm VR and the basic 50-135mm i think it is. I really want to save up for a full frame FX camera like a D700 or the like.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts