Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using a speedometer app on their phone to check speed in their cars? What's a good one to use? A buddy uses one but ads pop up going down the road and he has to clear the ad to see the speedometer reading while trying to drive. Not the safest. So what's everyone using and what do you recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is anyone using a speedometer app on their phone to check speed in their cars? What's a good one to use? A buddy uses one but ads pop up going down the road and he has to clear the ad to see the speedometer reading while trying to drive. Not the safest. So what's everyone using and what do you recommend? Thanks!
That Racing Channel (TRC). Older app but still works for me.

·
Super Moderator
1968 Camaro Z28, 1933 Chevy Coupe, 2004 Silverado Z71, 1946 Chevy PU, 2000 Custom Harley Davidson
51,994 Posts
WAZE app ( free ) shows mph. Pretty accurate too.

Even shows if if you are in a reduced speed zone
My Google maps GPS on my android phone has the posted speed and my actual speed right on the screen and it's always spot on with my own speedometer.

Reactions: NPS Nova

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
I like the reverse image so you can see the reflection on the windshield at night by placing it on the dash .
:LOL: I remember my buddy's '94 or '95 GTP had that windshield speedo display. We thought that was going to be the new common thing in cars from there on out. lol

Reactions: Faster7 and codycr6

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I use the Speedbox app. It's free and it's accurate.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Won't be long before every car has a GPS speedometer. Nice way to track if you are breaking the law. Speeding tickets will be mailed to your home.

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
There are some. Search for GPS speedometer.

I was just looking at one for my boat.
I was talking about factory cluster mounted speedos. Just being a smartass. :LOL:

"If the rest of the world found me half as funny as I find myself, we'd all have a great time."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts