Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many don't care but it will bring excitement back to Citizens Bank Park.

I got $5 to your $2 that the Phillies win the NL this year!

·
Registered
24,008 Posts
YOU really think 1 player is going to make that big of a difference? Their defense sucked, their pitching was, at times, poor. IF they'd have given the kids from the 'Pigs another year, they would have been OK.

NOW, they've got another RYAN Howard. IF Harper has a bad year, who is going to pickup that kind of debt???????? BAD move, IMHO.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Ludicrous. I guess the baseball people have already forgotten the shitty deals like Pujols and Cabrera. Those last years of this deal are going to be wasted money.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
YOU really think 1 player is going to make that big of a difference? Their defense sucked, their pitching was, at times, poor. IF they'd have given the kids from the 'Pigs another year, they would have been OK.

NOW, they've got another RYAN Howard. IF Harper has a bad year, who is going to pickup that kind of debt???????? BAD move, IMHO.
guess your forgetting they got the best catcher in the league, and a top 5 short stop this offeason, not to mention the there's still good pitching out there

Season ticket hold since 2001

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Ludicrous. I guess the baseball people have already forgotten the shitty deals like Pujols and Cabrera. Those last years of this deal are going to be wasted money.
How is it Ludacris?
you think there gonna lose money in this deal lol.
They averages 1.85 million in attendance last 5 years
With Bryce it'll be 4 mill a year.
3.15 million attendance difference. Lets say he's only good for 7 years.
so 22 million ish at an average (right now) of 25 bucks a ticket.
22 million x 25$ = 550 million.
THATS JUST THE DIFFERENCE IN ATTENDANCE!

Jersey sales, playoff attendance they haven't seen in 5 years.

Paying him 330 million over 13 years will pay for itself after year 3

·
Registered
24,008 Posts
guess your forgetting they got the best catcher in the league, and a top 5 short stop this offeason, not to mention the there's still good pitching out there

Season ticket hold since 2001
NOT forgetting, just using logic. They traded away 3, IIRC, good catchers, in the last 2 years, already got/had a good short stop, just needed another year to come around. Poor choice, like holding on to Ryan for the last years. Must have changed management with the Yankees. Trying to buy their Championship. IF they wanted to piss away money, I could use a cash infusion.

IF they are so inclined to purchase players, WTF do they have minor league farm clubs??????????

·
Registered
629 Posts
Terrible investment by the Phillies. Extremely over paid for as under achieving his hitting numbers are, and as average of an outfielder that he is.

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Went out to install some LF gym equipment in his place in VA. The girl who was the office manager was a life long fan, season ticket holder, team license plates the whole deal.

My boss asked if he could sign a poster for her, he said sure and when we got there he could not be bothered.....FUCK BRYCE HARPER

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
They’re going to more than double their attendance because of this douche? That’s funny. In three years or less, they will regret this deal. But hey, you fans keep going out there to the ballpark and keep supporting these obscene contracts. Harper is laughing at you fools all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got home from son's hockey practice and was going to reply but Bacarty pretty much summed it up. He was not the only signing this year.
Philly is a hitters park. I wouldn't be surprised if he has over 50 home runs and 100+ RBIs.

They are reporting over 80,000 tickets sold today.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm sure many don't care but it will bring excitement back to Citizens Bank Park.

I got $5 to your $2 that the Phillies win the NL this year!
I’d take that bet all day long. The league has already established that having one massive salary sets the team back a good ten years (A-Rod/Rangers, Pujols/Angels) because they have to get rid of a bunch of talent in trade and also cannot sign any other excellent players. You end up with an excited crowd for a couple of years with nothing to show for it other than jacked up concession and ticket prices.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts