Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this car a few weeks ago and we backed it off the trailer pulled it into my driveway and I couldn't get it in park. Thinking maybe the shifter was out of adjustment I took off the cable and moved the trans arm and it moved very freely. So I thought it just wasn't going to go into park, so I pushed it a little harder and it like clicked into park. The shifter turned out to be adjusted fine. So I hooked everything back up and now it goes into park no problems at all, BUT when I put it in any other gear there is nothing there. I can push the car when it is in anything other than park. When it is running it won't move at all. I really know nothing about an automatic at all. So any help would be great.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but I don't think it has a rooster comb in it. What I mean is it didn't click when moving threw the gears. It moved like there was nothing there at all.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I thought about that but I don't think it has a rooster comb in it. What I mean is it didn't click when moving threw the gears. It moved like there was nothing there at all.

there is a spring and roller device that runs against the rooster comb linkage inside. Pull the pan, I think the answers will in front of you, although you admit to knowing nothing on the trans. You may need an experienced eye to help you get it fixed

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Refer back to post #2.

LOL I may pull the pan tomorrow and see what I can see. It's not that I don't know about the trans. I just haven't messed with any automatics and don't know anything about any of them. If they work I'm good, if not then I have to pay someone to fix them. Well I am no wanting to learn how to do them myself to save some cash.

·
Registered
602 Posts
it all is around removal of the pan. Linkage may be loose as mentioned in post 2 . Often this linkage will split - crack apart at the bolt - nut. It is a weak design and if a person cranks hard on it, the linkage can fracture or be fractured from a few decades of service. New replacement parts are availible now, a bit pricey , but work well

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and I have nothing else planned so I may just get out there and mess with it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I finally got the pan off and found the manual valve control wasn't hooked up. I got it hooked back up and everything is working great now.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well I finally got the pan off and found the manual valve control wasn't hooked up. I got it hooked back up and everything is working great now.
your welcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts