Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
e85 & injection guru
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have an idea .just put the prick in .1.76 glide with pro brake
on third stop and down shift my
. fist gear bound up like it was on brake .
high gear is fine. no drag and holds speed. limped it home in 2nd
shifter linkage is dead on and tried it with it off . still binds
trans brake noid is not stuck and tried loosening it out .same bind.
my flow chart has manual shift valve supplying the band servo and rev. valve with psi in low could the rev. spool valve/valve body be leaking and applying psi to rev. piston ?
i have not even tried the brake or rev. yet..

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
High gear being fed in low gear. Possibly a servo problem. If the brake valve or solenoid has a problem that can also apply in low only as it uses low oil to feed the brake.

Hutch

·
e85 & injection guru
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if band and high clutch are applied at same time its will lock up first gear and when shifted to 2nd it will release band and run in drive normal .?
so if i put gauges on rev. tap,high tap and servo tap i should see what ?
low should only have psi and no rev. or drive -leak at valve body or servo ring/rod?
shift to drive should show only high clutch psi and a bounce in servo readings ?
rev. psi should match servo psi with brake on?
what are good numbers 180+? is there residual psi that acceptable on rev. and drive when in low?

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
Unless you have a case that has a high gear port you will only be able to see low and reverse. If you also have a high gear port you will see low in low (no other port will have a reading) , high will have high and low being the same and reverse will be on in reverse and then both low/reverse on the transbrake.

Hutch

·
Registered
51 Posts
you might very well have spun the stator tube in the pump enough to feed oil to high while in low. stand the pump up face down with high drum on it, put air into the high feed holes and see if the high clutches apply and there is air blowing out where the input shaft is supposed to be. or you could just check the alignment of the stator tube if you know where that should be. pressure test might not tell you anything since your feeding both circuits at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts