Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I never understood why they were on the list to begin with.
I mean ... something that helps protect your hearing and doesnt piss of your neighbors. Why the heck would you want to make that hard to get???

Heck, if you live in Chicago, it might mean a full nights sleep even. :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
I mean ... something that helps protect your hearing and doesnt piss of your neighbors. Why the heck would you want to make that hard to get???

Done.
Because suppressors are supposed to make the gun silent like in the movies!

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,602 Posts

How true!

Hollywood is the culprit. They made silencers look bad with their movies. Only bad guys use them.

Hell, in Europe, I bet most people use them!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Done.
Loading subsonic rounds almost makes them work as good as the movies. Makes my .308 sound like a Benjamin pellet rifle. :cool:
Makes taking multiple hogs at a time quite a bit easier.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The DOJ ruling was pushed out until next year, wasn't it?

Recall they said they needed more time to reply, as they had to respond to "each" comment made under the comment period.

Shop co-owner friend I do business with nearby said couple of theirs had come through, E Filed and around seven months for last one, iirc.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Not that Obama would care about this little detail if it fit his agenda, but it would require an Act of Congress to move Silencers from Title II to Title I of '68 GCA. The best ATF could do administratively is change the process so it is: pay the tax stamp (also in the USC, not FCRs), fill out a 4473, wait for a NICS check and walk out the door with a stamped transfer form (the Stamp is also in the law for some types of transfers but not others).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts