Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting quite a few questions as to set up / plumbing with our new primer mounts. I figured this would be a good place for me to explain them and give you guys some links to the plumbing diagrams etc on our site.

The primer mount plumbs just like a regular external filter mount. You have your -10 or -12 lines going to and from the engine, just like a regular mount. The only additional line you have to run is a -10 line that goes from the actual primer housing to your oil pan in a wet sump system or the dry sump tank in a dry sump. I've had people use the drain plugs on oil pans / tank with success, so you don't necessarily have to weld a bung into the tank if you have an option to stick a fitting in.

The idea for running our remote mount primer is you can prime an engine with an electric drill and a 7/16th's 6 point socket in seconds. No more pulling the distributor, slipping off the dry sump belt or sitting there wearing your starter out waiting for the engine to build oil pressure. You can usually expect to see somewhere between 20-80 PSI on your oil pressure gauge with in a few seconds of spinning up the primer mount.

We offer the mount in several different threads to accommodate the majority of the popular racing filters out there. We offer a small mount and a large mount. The large mount takes the larger racing filters like the WIX 51222R and WIX 57007R. The small mounts take the Fram HP4 / WIX 51069.

Here's some links to our page for plumbing diagrams:

http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/Photos/SmallLRPrimerPlumbingDiagram.pdf

http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/Photos/LargePrimerPlumbingDiagram.pdf

http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/Photos/SmallRLPrimerPlumbingDiagram.pdf

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Wish it included your remote oil pressure regulator.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I hear ya, but with a remote mount, and a primer set up and remote mount oil pressure reg, I am runing out of room. LOL. I love the remote mount Reg, very nice set up.

I have wanted this set up for a while. Nice product.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wish there was a way to prime my motor like this with your inline oil filter. I hate unplugging the crank trigger and spinning the motor over to prime it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya, but with a remote mount, and a primer set up and remote mount oil pressure reg, I am runing out of room. LOL. I love the remote mount Reg, very nice set up.

I have wanted this set up for a while. Nice product.
The remote mount primer replaces your remote mount filter. So you'd only need to run the primer unit/filter mount and your remote relief. If i'm understanding you correctly.

·
All motor wannabe
5,903 Posts
I need to get this, my current routing of lines makes it near impossible to prime my motor

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm working on something new for the primers. Going to allow primers to be directly mounted to our tanks. It's going to be a really nice clean option once we finish up the cnc design. We've sent a few prototypes to Musi to use on this 903's so well see how he reports back and most likely move forward with them.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All our our primer mounts and regular filter mounts will now be hardcoat anodized. We have some primers in heavy equipment and marine applications that will require a coating so we're just going to dip all of them.

We will have some of the new hardcoat stuff at PRI in a few months with us.

·
Wild Addiction
2,293 Posts
how well does this work in a dry-sump system when the oil drains out of the take into the pan when it sits for a few weeks ?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't going to do anything to cure that issue unfortunately. This is just meant to draw oil out of the dry sump tank/oil pan (wetsump) and prime the engine without touching your pump belt or yank your distributor.

·
Registered
334 Posts
best thing i bought in a while make priming a pleasure

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a few questions, I am looking to purchase one of these primer mounts for my 2003 Cobra.
It is a wet sump still and I have a high capacity oil pan with an additional 1/2" NPT tap in the sump perfect for drawing oil to the primer.
My question is when it states left or right side tap for the primer, is the looking that the primer shaft? If so I want it to the right and I'm thinking it is part 09-1571 for AN -12

Now where can I purchase this? I can not find anyone offering that part number. I want to run the large 1/2" nipple for a Wix 51222R filter.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would recommend doing the smaller mount. It's easier to package than the larger 1571 which takes the big 5" diameter filters.

Yes the sides are determined by looking head on at the primer spud.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts