Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have no clue what it is. if i ask her she may think its ok to get one.
its black/green/beige stripes by the pics. she says they are very docile snakes.

my only concern is anyone ive known to have a snake, heard about a snake, read about a snake, it gets out of the cage somehow even if you screw the lid on.

if i give the go ahead, is the snake getting out of its cage a reality or a myth?

·
A Fine Example For Others
41,206 Posts
It's a reality. It will get out of the cage. They usually get out at night when you're sleeping and slither into your mouth and down your throat.

Get youself one of those mouth guards and you'll be okay.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
It's a reality. It will get out of the cage. They usually get out at night when you're sleeping and slither into your mouth and down your throat.

Get youself one of those mouth guards and you'll be okay.
Probably a different kind of snake going down your throat! Wistful thinking perhaps on your part.

Sorry man, it was just too easy!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
It's reality.

If you have mice in the house it will find food and maybe never be seen again because it will stay hidden.

If you don't have mice in the house,you'll find it slithering around once it gets hungry,looking for a meal.

One of my snakes disappeared for a few weeks till it was found again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a Ball Python for about ten years and it never once got out of it's cage. I gave it to a nephew that let it wander loose around the house. It probably spent 2/3rds of it's time loose at his house.

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
:-KFCReptiles are not pets.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Snakes will get out. You will get complacent and he will be gone. The snake sits in a cage all day trying to figure out how to get out.
If he ever does pray you live where its cold. The snake will be close to a warm area like behind the fridge or close to the hot water heater.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Make certain the lid is secure and no way can it be pushed open. Had one of my daughter's Ball Pythons get out and ended up in my bed. Laid down and got bit on the side of my face. My fault for not securing the lid after I fed her. Kept a 13' Burmese in a flimsy cage during the winter and she never tried to get out. Had a small Peruvian Red Tail get out just as winter set in and never seen her again. Again, my fault for not securing the lid.Who knows, one day I may see a large skin shed outside but I doubt it. I have kept some hots (rattle snakes and such) inside before but ALWAYS took the time to secure the lid on them! lol

1 - 20 of 55 Posts