Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
20,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for compact 9mm. Revolver is fine. Small compact easy carry easy to handle......

What are you carrying?

Something with some knock down power

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Check out the Kimber .357 snubby revolver , it’s 6. Shot nice smooth edges and easy to conceal and as most wheel guns they always go bang.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I carry a LC9 in an Alien Gear. Sometimes I forget it's there. I have big hands so I have an extended mag but even without it it's easy to be accurate for such a small gun. I would definitely recommend the combo.

·
Registered
20,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I carry a LC9 in an Alien Gear. Sometimes I forget it's there. I have big hands so I have an extended mag but even without it it's easy to be accurate for such a small gun. I would definitely recommend the combo.
I wil look at that appreciate it!

·
Smart Ass Conservative
113,585 Posts
There is some better ammo out there for 9m than standard store stuff .

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Are you firing a magnum load?
I have , and you should try it 1st with .38’s and work up , currently mine is filled with Hornady Critical Defense 38 + P’s it’s my daily rig while working small and comfortable enough to forget it’s there.

I work in the city and there’s usually always something high capacity easily accessible, often a double stack .45.

On the weekends my go to is a Glock compact 27 in .40 with the pinky extended mag because I have big mits , in a King Tuck holster.

·
Registered
17,449 Posts
My carry is a S&W 38 +p. But I’m a revolver guy. A 9mm is better suited for carry simply because of a thinner imprint. You mention 9mm and revolver in your OP...you don’t want to do that. A 9mm is a rimless case that means a moon clip for use in a revolver...AND you have the thickness of the cylinder.........that sucks.

And personal carry 357mags are fine in little lightweight to carry, but they are brutal to shoot. A gun that “is carried often, and shot little”. If you only shoot at bad guys that’s fine, but don’t expect any sport shooting with it cause it’s not fun. I often shoot 200 44mags in a day out of full size revolver, but 6 357’s out of a lightweight is not something I do.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Ruger LC9P. I like it because my sweetheart can carry it loaded without having to rack it in an emergency. It's striker fire plus has a thumb safety. She's never carried anything else, so she's used to the thumb safety. Affordable, too. 7+1

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
So many factors to consider on this decision, how big of guy you are , when and how you plan to carry this weapon , capacity and what mags and ammo are legal in your local.

Price , blue versus stainless , composite or not , barrel length , and will it be carry only or multi purpose.

And back to the statement about the Gun Section , you probably will get better info there because some of those guys live this stuff .

1 - 20 of 322 Posts