Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a .065 n and a .057 fuel on a mild 350 sbc in a 59 chevy pickup. So far its gone 13.75 on motor and 12.28 on spray. Do you think if I flip the jets I could hit a 11.99?
thank
P.S. or hit the track with my crank?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Im running a .065 n and a .057 fuel on a mild 350 sbc in a 59 chevy pickup. So far its gone 13.75 on motor and 12.28 on spray. Do you think if I flip the jets I could hit a 11.99?
thank
P.S. or hit the track with my crank?
It looks like you have already flipped your jets. If your plugs look okay, you may be able to take some more fuel out. With a 65 jet, you are getting close to being maxed out with that plate. You may be able to jet up a few more sizes.

·
TRUE STREET #441
2,476 Posts
Then Flip it. It needs a larger N2O jet then fuel jet. .065 N & 057F. It will pick up et, if you run it like this. What fuel pressure are you at??

·
TRUE STREET #441
2,476 Posts
Is that a flowing Pressure or a static pressure? That pump runs spray and Motor, Correct? If so, I would get a Stand alone pump for the spray.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that a flowing Pressure or a static pressure? That pump runs spray and Motor, Correct? If so, I would get a Stand alone pump for the spray.[/QUOTE
Yes it runs both it has a little over 6 at idle so those numbers were kind of a guess. its a holley pump. I was hoping at such a low h.p. level I could get away with it.

·
TRUE STREET #441
2,476 Posts
You might be able to get away with it. You have made it this far. Yes, Flip that tune and see what it will do.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the help Im gonna try it sunday at Atcos old time drags. Ill let ya know.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I finally made it to Atco again yesrerday here are the numbers from my only nos pass that I can remember.(my kid lost the slip)
60ft 1.55
1/8th 7.45
1/4 12.004 (so close)lol
mph 106
side note mph is the same as my earlier passes of 12.28 and 12.26
I think my valve springs are gone.
Thanks for the help everyone.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
I figured you would have been in the 110mph range. Might want to start looking over and checking a few things.

It only gets more addicting from here.......lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I figured you would have been in the 110mph range. Might want to start looking over and checking a few things.

It only gets more addicting from here.......lol
Yea mph stays the same it wont go past 5300 I have springs on the way, also a better fuel pump. hopefully ill be at Atco Sunday to test

1 - 20 of 33 Posts