Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 04 Yukon Denali with the 6.0L. Recently bought a new car for the wife so would like to add a little power to this unit.

What do you recommend and what can I expect ?

Heads, cam, intake, exhaust ?

Im open to anything but would like to stay N/A and reliable.

Thanks.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,618 Posts
LS3 heads, matching cam and intake. easy 550-600 hp

Shannon

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
Heads, cam and a set of longtubes should show a 100 rear wheel increase in power.Before I did that on a Denali I would buy a Procharger kit and a set of longtubes.......it will fly and be very reliable

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like to stay n/a.

If I were to purchase LS3 heads what CC would I want to still be able to run on pump gas ?

What intake ?

Any cam and header recommendations ?

·
Creepy Ass Cracka
5,801 Posts
If it were mine, I would just get a set of patriot heads, and an off the shelf cam. There's tons of companies making these things, but I would stay somewhere between 212 to 218 duration on the intake and 218 to 224 on the exhaust with .550 to .590 lift if its something you still plan on being very reliable/ daily driver type of thing. Nothing stopping you from going bigger, but it is a Denali after all. As for headers, something decent, name brand and stainless. Keep the truck intake manifold. Unless you plan on going crazy with it, they hold there own very well in testing.

·
Registered
725 Posts
LS3 heads, matching cam and intake. easy 550-600 hp

Shannon
Are you phuckin high or just retarded? 550-600 wheel out of heads cam and intake? Where are all 500+ wheel n/a LS cars running around then?

In what phuckin world are you talking about lol i doubt like all phuck that the OP wants to be stalling/gearing his SUV because he has some retarded donkey dick drag cam in a fullsize baby hauler

heads/cam/exhaust and your looking for a solid mid MAYBE the low end of high 400 wheel, plain and simple.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again fellas.

I would preferably not have to change stall/gears etc... LIke I said it will still be a DD just looking to get a little more out of it.

So look at a set of decent heads, keep the stock intake and a nice off the shelf cam.

What do you guys think of the OBX stainless headers ? Any decent quality ? ( I am a ford guy at heart so most of this LS stuff is greek to me)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Check out texas speed or livernois they have some of the better stuff out there. I know that livernois has done many SUV applications and will know more aboout what exact parts are best.

As far as the headers Ive never seen anything about them. Ive only run pacesetters and American Racing lol

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I've wanted to put a twin screw on my 05 --- it's fun beating up on the import kids in town with my truck and it's stock haha!!

·
Head Phuckstick
18,618 Posts
Are you phuckin high or just retarded? 550-600 wheel out of heads cam and intake? Where are all 500+ wheel n/a LS cars running around then?

In what phuckin world are you talking about lol i doubt like all phuck that the OP wants to be stalling/gearing his SUV because he has some retarded donkey dick drag cam in a fullsize baby hauler

heads/cam/exhaust and your looking for a solid mid MAYBE the low end of high 400 wheel, plain and simple.
Were did I say at the Wheels (Be sure you understand the posts above before you open your COCK SUCKER and start mouthing off)

Just read and article in GM High Performance were they did just that with a set of Mast CNC LS3 Heads, cam, Intake, Set of flat tops,Stock block, Stock Rods and stock crank and the damn thing mad just shy of 550..

Also to the original poster, Good luck and keep us informed on what you end up doing man!

Shannon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts