Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about making a career change to a Pepsi driver here in Pittsburgh. Wondering if anyone here, hopefully in Pa.,had any insight. They don't say what the payscale is, starting pay, commission, etc.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
sundrop till death here along with the kidney stones they produce!even tho pepsi are good when almost frozen

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
i used to drive for Pepsi, pay scale sucks, make less than a Coke driver does. another buddy of mine is a longtime Pepsi driver--10 years--says he makes less now than when he first started

·
Ice Cream Wolfpack
18,500 Posts
As mentioned Coke pays better, they are a lot better equipped as far as having pallet jacks, lift gates, etc. The Coke warehouse puts the product on their trucks wrapped, on a pallet. The Pepsi idiots put them in shitty trucks with roll up door panels on the side, driver unloads onto a 2 wheeler or cart, wheels the shit in, and works it.

Also the Pepsi order guys (salesmen) work on commission and they tend to order a bunch of shit, lots of which expires, gets damaged, and ends up coming back to Pepsi via credit. Guess who gets to pick that shit up?

Go for Coke, they would be a better employer.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Bypass both and deliver BEER
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
My buddy delivers for a beer dist .. 28 an hour and getg 60 hrs a week
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
A friend of mine laid off from woodbury plant in Baltimore. Had 29 yrs as a production line mechanic Now all it is is a distribution warehouse with no heat.............

·
Registered
764 Posts
Many years in the DSD world. Be Prepared to work and I mean work. You may have to work weekends with two days off during the week. You start early in the morning and end late in the day

If you stay with it you will be a lump of shit in 10 years as your body will break down from the lugging.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Pepsi is a horrible company to drive for. My father-in-law started a year and a half ago. The stories I hear are unbelievable. At the company Christmas party they gave LYNN a 29 year employee a big bouquet of flowers. LYNN is a man. They didn't even know who he was. Played it off as these flowers were for his wife. The company is very unorganized and have no idea what is going on.

·
Registered
516 Posts
As bad as Pepsi may seem, from my experience Coca Cola Enterprise is far worse. Coke and Pepsi are owned by more than one corporation (Coca Cola Enterprise, Coke USA, and a handful of privately owned plants-Pepsi has PepsiCo, and a few others). Your experience is going to depend on which company you work for. I can also tell you that the Doctor Pepper/Snapple group is not the greatest place to work either

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been at Coca~Cola for 17 years, I am a driver, and very happy with what I am making.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts