Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I BEEN HAVING SOME PROMBLEMS WITH PEPPERING ON MY PLUGS. RUN A 388 SBF,12.5 TO 1, AFR 225,SUPER VICTOR,EDELBROCK PERFORMER RPM PLATE WITH 250 JETTING. RUN NGK 10'S. 36 TOTAL AND PULL OUT 10 DEGREES WITH A DIGITAL 6. WAS RUNNING SUNOCO 112 AND PUT IN 116 AND WAS THINKING IT WOULD HELP. ON THE DYNU AFTER EACH PULL I PULLED #1 AND #6 WHICH SEEM TO BE THE WORST. AM I NOT PULLING ENOUGH TIMMING OUT OR DUE I NEED A COLDED PLUG. NEED SOME HELP. THINKING ABOUT TAKING IT BACK TO THE DYNO WITH NGK 11 AND MAYBE PULL MORE TIMMING OUT?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
Spend a few hours and read the threads and posts in this section. Seems like almost ALL SBF's have problems with plates. Most of them will run the good Digital 7 and take timing out of a few problem cylinders, otherwise you have to take timing away from them all so you don't kill the trouble children.

I see no reason you need to go colder than a -10 plug.

I run Sunoco 112 with a 14.8:1 SBC, 505hp to the wheels on motor, 650hp on juice, no problem with plugs.

C16 is probably the safest fuel to use though..............

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE THING IS IT SEEMS TO PEEPER ALL OF THEM BUT SOME MORE THAN OTHERS. IT IS NOT ALL THAT BAD, ONLY SEE ABOUT 10 SPECS PER PLUG AND IT SEEMS TO ONLY BE ON HALF OF THR PLUG. I THINK I NEED TO PULL OUT 1 TO 2 MORE DEGREES OF TIMMING. IT DOES NOT JUST PICK ON THE OUTSIDE CYLINDERS. JUST HAD IT ON THE DYNO AND WAS PULLING OUT 9 DEGREES ON 250 AND THEN MADE A PULL WITH TAKING OUT 10 DEGREES. MADE 705 HP WITH 9 DEGREES AND 703 HP WITH 10 DEGREES, BUT DID PICK UP 7 FT/LBS WITH THE 10 DEGREES. HIT IT WITH A NEW /FULL BOTTLE AND MADE 720 HP AND 580 TQ. NOW I DO RUN A BLASTER SS COIL AND NOT SURE IF I NEED THE HVC COIL. SOME SAY THE SS IS NOT ENOUGH? MAY SPEND ANOTHER $100 AND SPEND SOME MORE TIME ON THE DYNO.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Way too much timing. More info needed fuel psi, jet spread, ect, ect. Call someone before you hurt it!! Since it's an edelbrock system call Steve.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so 26 degrees on the nitrous is to much? 6 psi fllow on the dot, watched while i made the pull on the dyno. 99/102 is the spread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts