Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride my dogs with me lots of the time and have noticed that there are many folks who are scared to death of dogs. They won't get out of the car or won't come out of a store till I leave. Some scream when they see em. One is a lab and the other is a pitbull, both very friendly. And before you say it's because of the pitbull, the lab rides the most and they are just as scared of him. How can a grown person freeze and tremble in fear at the sight of a calm dog in a truck or jeep? It must suck and I hope they get themselves some help.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
As a former pitbull owner I would say that you need help! Isn't there some things that you are afraid of? These people have probably been attacked by a dog at one time or another.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
People in my car club say my lab is the best behaved dog and nicest dog they ever have met. But I know a Women in my club that is still terrified of my dog. My tail wagging, drooling, happy as shit lab.

·
Race Car Poor
8,359 Posts
There are a lot of stories in the news of dog attacks... most people dont trust other peoples dogs. I know when i go somewhere and someone there has a dog i watch it close, and try to avoid it cause you never know. And yes i realize its the owner not the dog.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a former pitbull owner I would say that you need help! Isn't there some things that you are afraid of? These people have probably been attacked by a dog at one time or another.
That many haven't been attacked. Nothing that I know of scares me like these people act.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen people walking down the sidewalk jump for cover when we pass by. Then you have strangers that walk up to the truck and hug my pitbull and give him kisses. Crazy how different people look at things, and all think they're right!

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
I have seen that but it depends on the area I am with peoples reaction. My two usually come to work with me most of the time. An Example where I see peoples reaction there is one bank chain that I work for that I go to all the grand openings of the branches. When the branch opens on Long Island or Westchester the dogs are a hit. Then in the five boros where there are more incidents with dog attacks i.e. pitbulls I can part the red sea when I go to those openings. Just goes to what peoples past interactions are with dogs good or bad. So I really can't blame people on this for the most part.
Also see the picture below of my killers, especially the small one who is 16 pounds and is like a stoner at a grateful dead concert she is that mellow.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
For the last 8 years I have taken my Rotty with me most every place that I can. I see the exact same thing as you do. One person will get all drama on me and jump amd make a scene, the next will walk right up and pet him.

I find that the snotty rich old white women are the worse, followed by the ethnic's.

About 2 years ago we were out with him a man and woman in their 70's were walking towards us. I was bracing for the stink eye and the comments. That lady had snow white pants on and she walked right up to the dog and just started loving all over him. Being that he loves people, he was rubbing all over her right back. He had those perfect white pants all black with fur and slobber. She just loved it.

I guess some people have had a real traumatic deal with a dog and it just freaks them out. I go out of my way to move him or go in another direction to avoid problems, but some people just have to put on a show.

Keith

·
having fun
31,331 Posts
i find the people usually afraid of small dogs like mine are also mentally ill-cant drive-talk too much,and refer to theyre cats as "children"...

·
having fun
31,331 Posts
For the last 8 years I have taken my Rotty with me most every place that I can. I see the exact same thing as you do. One person will get all drama on me and jump amd make a scene, the next will walk right up and pet him.

I find that the snotty rich old white women are the worse, followed by the ethnic's.

About 2 years ago we were out with him a man and woman in their 70's were walking towards us. I was bracing for the stink eye and the comments. That lady had snow white pants on and she walked right up to the dog and just started loving all over him. Being that he loves people, he was rubbing all over her right back. He had those perfect white pants all black with fur and slobber. She just loved it.

I guess some people have had a real traumatic deal with a dog and it just freaks them out. I go out of my way to move him or go in another direction to avoid problems, but some people just have to put on a show.

Keith

thats a true dog lover right there--i wouldnt care if a dog got me all messy too,theyre great animals!

they call it fur-niture for a reason as well

·
Registered
840 Posts
I came home earlier this week to a large male Pit Bull wandering the neighborhood. He lives some 4 doors down. They were outside doing yardwork and obviously the dog was not on a leash. I had no issues with it, called it up and petted it like any other dog.

However, the lady across the street was walking out to her car and became extremely nervous. No doubt she was very frightened.

I walked the dog down to his home and in a polite and non smart ass way let the owner know that it probably isn't a good idea to not have his dog on a leash. I let him know that some folks would not hesitate to shoot that dog dead should he become aggressive in any way should he find himself on their property. He apologized and thanked me for the advice.

All's well that ends well I suppose.

g

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
I love any dog that is friendly towards me, which is basically every I have seen.

If I see a dog, I will ask if I can pet them, then go to town and start rubbing their belly...

Pits are one of my favorites right up there with Shepherds and rotties...Pretty much any larger dog.

·
Memberless Member
1,062 Posts
I got bit bad enough by a dog (German Shepard) when I was 5 years old that I needed surgery. And I'm still not afraid of dogs. haha...I even worked at a veterinary clinic and took care of tons of dogs. So it makes me laugh a bit when I hear that someone is afraid of dogs because they got bit. I just show them my scar, lol.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I got bit bad enough by a dog (German Shepard) when I was 5 years old that I needed surgery. And I'm still not afraid of dogs. haha...I even worked at a veterinary clinic and took care of tons of dogs. So it makes me laugh a bit when I hear that someone is afraid of dogs because they got bit. I just show them my scar, lol.
Me too, got bit on the lip at about 8 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I LOVE dogs....

Keith

·
Registered
456 Posts
Seems lately that some people are going out of there way to own pitbulls just for the challenge of so many people strongly disliking the breed. There are a ton of other dogs out there that you could own just as gorgeous and friendly without the bad rap that you would never hear a single complaint about...yet so many chose to own pitbulls.
No offense intended, just saying what it seems like I've noticed from friends that own them.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems lately that some people are going out of there way to own pitbulls just for the challenge of so many people strongly disliking the breed. There are a ton of other dogs out there that you could own just as gorgeous and friendly without the bad rap that you would never hear a single complaint about...yet so many chose to own pitbulls.
No offense intended, just saying what it seems like I've noticed from friends that own them.
I didn't pick a pitbull, I adopted him from a freind who couldn't care for him at the time. He has made me a pitbull lover though.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have seen that but it depends on the area I am with peoples reaction. My two usually come to work with me most of the time. An Example where I see peoples reaction there is one bank chain that I work for that I go to all the grand openings of the branches. When the branch opens on Long Island or Westchester the dogs are a hit. Then in the five boros where there are more incidents with dog attacks i.e. pitbulls I can part the red sea when I go to those openings. Just goes to what peoples past interactions are with dogs good or bad. So I really can't blame people on this for the most part.
Also see the picture below of my killers, especially the small one who is 16 pounds and is like a stoner at a grateful dead concert she is that mellow.
Good looking pups you got there, cool work truck too.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

On the money right there!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts