Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
A Fine Example For Others
37,358 Posts
Welp. got up there about 3:30am. Found a couple of white trucks and dented them. Caught a couple of hours of sleep and I'll be back at it the rest of the day.

Kicked the lower panel by the tail light.

Ran my truck rear bumper in to the rear door.

Another rear bumper attack.

·
Mother Hen
49,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Mother Hen
49,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My Mom had rheumatiod arthritis requiring a walker to get around. Took her to the store one day and parked in the handicapped spot. She said " why are you parking here?", I looked at her and said "really Mom". Her reply was park somewhere else, there's people that need this spot more than me...
Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
If I can find a place close to handicapped that isn't, then I will park there, because the lift vans require the extra space the handicapped spaces afford. When my boyfriend and I go out, he drops me at the door and picks me up at the door. But if I have to actually try to walk it, I have a permanent placard for a reason. I can't get my wheelchair in and out by myself, so I don't go many places anymore. When I do go by myself, I absolutely have to be able to walk the distance to and back, so there is no choice. I also know where every chair is in any place I visit. Generally, the only places I go by myself anymore are the post office, the Dollar General, the doctor or any place with a drive thru. Even my pharmacy has a drive thru so I can pick up my medicine without getting out. It truly sucks ass when your world shrinks to next to nothing and you don't have the freedom to get around. The vast majority of days, I can't even walk down my sidewalk to get the mail. I'm grateful for the handicapped placard, because it allows me to not be completely dependent for everything.

A couple of months ago, my daughter was in a play. We had purchased tickets in advance and had an end seat on a row where we could move the seat and I could sit in my wheelchair, because there was no way I could sit on one of those metal chairs for hours. We did everything right, but when we got there, the show had sold out, so they added seats, which now meant my seat was not on the end of the row. Thankfully, a person gave up their end seat and moved into my original seat, but I was unable to sit with my family and friends that had come along to see the play. There were six of us total. It was kind of shitty, but that's the kind of stuff that happens.

·
Registered
22,186 Posts
I said " Are you SURE you want to leave your car there and go inside" he moved it to another spot..not sure if that worked as there was a dent in his door when I drove past it.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Happened to me one night. I was coming out of the bar on wing night and this Yankee bitch hit my camaro with her door. I called her out and just threw her nose up and said “it will be ok” and kept walking. Well it was in a dark spot in the parking lot so I took a shit on her hood and drove off. Lost my date for the night over that but it was worth it

·
rodent aviator
6,422 Posts
Not when I have to get back out. Besides, it was some kind of community activity place and there were tons of open handicapped spaces. I'm well aware of what it means to be handicapped and how to use handicapped spaces responsibly. I live it every day thanks.
Most of the places I go have way too many handicapped parking places which are empty 95% of the time. If you have a handicapped tag then by all means please use the handicap spot and leave the other spots for the rest of us. If the first empty regular spot is 300-400 feet from the store and there's 5 empty handicap spots, you're damned right I get pissed off when I see a vehicle with a handicap tag taking up a regular spot up by the front. In my mind you're taking 2 spots, the handicap spot you skipped plus the regular spot you took away from somebody else.

·
Mother Hen
49,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Most of the places I go have way too many handicapped parking places which are empty 95% of the time. If you have a handicapped tag then by all means please use the handicap spot and leave the other spots for the rest of us. If the first empty regular spot is 300-400 feet from the store and there's 5 empty handicap spots, you're damned right I get pissed off when I see a vehicle with a handicap tag taking up a regular spot up by the front. In my mind you're taking 2 spots, the handicap spot you skipped plus the regular spot you took away from somebody else.
Last night, there were many empty handicapped spaces, because I think they have a lot of programs for elderly and handicapped during the day. Generally though, handicapped spaces tend to be fairly full or there are no empty ones at all. At least that tends to be the case where I live.

My daughter gets extremely pissed if she ever sees someone park in a handicapped space if they do not have a tag or placard. I have a permanent placard instead of a tag, because I can use it in whatever vehicle I'm in. They say they are permanent, but in reality, they have to be recertified every four years or so. The temporary ones are a year. I think that's a good thing to make sure you are still qualified. Doctors have to prescribe it based on your current health status. If you need one, it's a great thing to have.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Oh! The looks I get when I park in a handicap spot up front with my high compression, thumpin' cammed, big piped Corvette. Then get out and walk away or just stand guard of the car. HA, HA, HA, HA, HAR!

·
A Fine Example For Others
37,358 Posts
Happened to me one night. I was coming out of the bar on wing night and this Yankee bitch hit my camaro with her door. I called her out and just threw her nose up and said “it will be ok” and kept walking. Well it was in a dark spot in the parking lot so I took a shit on her hood and drove off. Lost my date for the night over that but it was worth it
You gave some chick you didn't know your DNA?

You have a lot to learn young man.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Lots of tough talk here and it really brings out the "payback" emotion when you're on the receiving end of someone's carelessness, BUT as we're all aware, there are cameras in about every parking lot everywhere nowadays.

If one pays back a "door denter" by inflicting damage to his/her vehicle, it could be you in the hot seat if the new "victim" decides to get the law involved.
Just something to think about...

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I was with my brother when that happened to him once. He calmly rolled down his window and held a screwdriver against the offenders car while he backed out of his spot. Left a nice 10 foot long gouge.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I dont want to park up close to the store front door.Too many assholes wh will ding your doors. I park way the fuck out. I walk all day everyday at work. Why limit that to work?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts