July 16-18 – Maryland International Raceway – Budds Creek, MD
Aug. 20-22 – Maple Grove Raceway – Reading, PA
Sept. 10-12 – Darlington Dragway – Hartsville, SC
Oct. 8-10 – GALOT Motorsports Park – Benson, NC
Oct. 22-25 – Virginia Motorsports Park – Dinwiddie, VA

·
Registered
723 Posts
That looks like a pretty nice schedule. Good to see Maple Grove on there. Seems like the last time they hosted one of these types of events was back in 2012 with the ADRL. I bet they can get quite a few NEOPMA guys to come play at this event. I also like seeing Norwalk back in the rotation. With as many fast TS and TD rides as there are in Ohio, you gotta hit the heart of D3 country at least once during the season. All in all, looks like a well thought out schedule with events in areas that should provide the best turnout of racers and spectators.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
You'd think they would try and expand the racing and get more exposure. Galot and VIR are great tracks. But why have 2 races at the same track?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'd think they would try and expand the racing and get more exposure. Galot and VIR are great tracks. But why have 2 races at the same track?
It's pretty much "home base". I'm going to have a heat stroke at Maryland in July.:eek:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Here it is per Drag Illustrated

2020 PDRA SCHEDULE
April 2-4 – GALOT Motorsports Park – Benson, NC
May 7-9 – Virginia Motorsports Park – Dinwiddie, VA
June 11-13 – Summit Motorsports Park – Norwalk, OH
July 16-18 – Maryland International Raceway – Budds Creek, MD
Aug. 20-22 – Maple Grove Raceway – Reading, PA
Sept. 10-12 – Darlington Dragway – Hartsville, SC
Oct. 8-10 – GALOT Motorsports Park – Benson, NC
Oct. 22-25 – Virginia Motorsports Park – Dinwiddie, VA
That’s odd, I don’t see Cecil County on the list.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's good that they focus on local territory. I like this schedule a lot. They tried to branch out further before but I think they learned that they should build their home base up before trying to expand.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Don't think Cecil ever held a PDRA event. Their main focus is their Monthly shootout and YB Nats. Would be nice to see one event there though.
I just figured since the two people that own race tracks get two races each that the current pro nitrous champ could get one race at his facility.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wish they would run one in bradenton in February. The races they tried to have here were doomed, from a weather standpoint. Sept and oct is the Wrong time here

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish they would run one in bradenton in February. The races they tried to have here were doomed, from a weather standpoint. Sept and oct is the Wrong time here
PDRA going to Bradenton would be like going to Texas too far for most (their usual racers). They (Bradenton) have two nice races in December and February for a warmup.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nobody knows? Heard it sold, and now the PDRA schedules a race. Good news?
Sold to who/whom? can't find no info nowhere on the internet??? That place (I love) is in the middle of nowhere near my friendly Amish folks.

·
20,165 Posts
Sold to who/whom? can't find no info nowhere on the internet??? That place (I love) is in the middle of nowhere near my friendly Amish folks.
Toll Brothers were looking into buying it. That came from a racer who is also into the construction business in central PA. They just bought 450 acres near us to build more house like we need anymore around here.

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,878 Posts

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,878 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts