Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is running a PCS D200 with the boost controller option? hows it working for you since its only has one solenoid instead of two like most come with?

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
who is running a PCS D200 with the boost controller option? hows it working for you since its only has one solenoid instead of two like most come with?
AMS 500 OR 1000 AND BE DONE WITH IT :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey guys, I have used both and I sell both.

The PCS D200 dash is one of the best data logging options on the market and dollar for dollar it is very very very hard to beat.

Hell I have one in my car!!!

As for the boost controller option......in needs improvements. I speak alot with the owner and engineer down at PCS and they are working on a few things for the future.

But if it were my car, (and I have been there) I would slap an AMS-1000 and forget about it.

As for fast rotary cars, they are all switching over to the AMS-1000.

Hailey Racing from Aruba switched to the AMS-1000 and just ran a 7.07 and a 7.04 @ 190mph

This car is a 3rd gen Mazda RX7 with a 13B, it DOES NOT run a slipper clutch and it went a 1.05 60ft, 2.95 330ft, 4.53 @ 155mph 1/8 mile!!!

Numbers dont lie.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I tryed the D200 BC a few years ago and it didnt work very well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
all the import cars are not running the boost control setup as such. they are just using the generic duty table and mapping boost over road speed,

it works and works ok..
Ahh.....I dont want to disagree with you but I have too.

I can personally tell you first hand that a huge majority of the import cars (the fast ones at least) in the U.S. and in Puerto Rico are using the AMS-1000

The fastest 3 rotor cars in the world Geohimer Racing RX-8 6.51 @ 217mph and the New Ian Racing 6.54 @ 213mph use AMS-1000s

I know this because I personally sold it to them and helped with trackside tuning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UTnh1FmlIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PvNq3Qo8k

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
Old thread, but I want to know if the actual boost control enabled in the D200 is any good? I just got a dashlogger , and want to know if I should spend the 375 to enable the built in boost control, or spend 399 on an AMS500? I think the ams1000 is overkill for me.
Anyone else have input?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Honestly I have just finished a single solenoid install.

I would go with an AMS-500 in a NY minute! If your going to spend that kinda money for any boost control, get a 2 solenoid proven system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts