Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

For the life of me I just can't remember WTF the software was that I used for years to track and monitor all installation files. Basically the gist is, whenever you download and install an executable from any source, it would give you warning prompts of what entries it was making, and if you wanted to allow the installation package that access. This is not a Norton , or McAfee virus scan kind of thing.....

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or remember ???
I know those of you that speak PC lingo will know what I'm referring to.

It was to prevent software installations from installing hidden tracking, and hidden automatic startup entries , etc.
I'm not talking about the MSCONFIG and editing startup , that's post mortem......

I'm talking the pro-Active software approach, it was a free 3rd party software program.
If no one knows, perhaps there's newer better options available people can recommend.

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
You talking about WinPatrol?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Guys,

For the life of me I just can't remember WTF the software was that I used for years to track and monitor all installation files. Basically the gist is, whenever you download and install an executable from any source, it would give you warning prompts of what entries it was making, and if you wanted to allow the installation package that access. This is not a Norton , or McAfee virus scan kind of thing.....

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or remember ???
I know those of you that speak PC lingo will know what I'm referring to.

It was to prevent software installations from installing hidden tracking, and hidden automatic startup entries , etc.
I'm not talking about the MSCONFIG and editing startup , that's post mortem......

I'm talking the pro-Active software approach, it was a free 3rd party software program.
If no one knows, perhaps there's newer better options available people can recommend.
Its called Linux.

·
Registered
19,329 Posts
Did it run and give you options to delete ( uninstall) files and programs, then have the ability to delete any type of file.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts