Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
I kill parts
10,819 Posts
Sad, but has been mismanaged for years which is what really hurts it. The facility has the capability to hold some solid events but just never seem to bring that to full fruition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Guys - I am a newbie and sorry if i am breaking protocol. I have both a Drag Race and Road Race background. I met allot of great people when I was a young mechanic, John McBetts, Dennis Ferrara, Russ Vilardi, Richie Zuhl, Teddy Dzus, (swam in his pool when i was 15), Jack Merkel, Scot Schafiroff. Do they remeber me?.... heck no, I doubt it...... I was just another kid enjoying the sport who loved being around race cars... Then I went to college and then back to racing, this time SCCA Road Racing. So i enjoy both the Drag Strip and the Road Race side of "Moroso". Jump to Today.

I own a Race Car Shock Absorber company, 15.5 miles from the track and have been coming down to "Moroso" aka PBIR for 25 + years. "Save the Track" is is very active of a topic in my shop. We have allot of friendly personal involvement and some good intel...... the mayor, allot of commissioners and even some "A" List Celebs want to keep it a track and are involved, as well as all of us mechanics and drivers want to keep it a track. That is a "Great Thing".

It is us that racers and mechanics and wives that need to show support in our numbers.

The sale in not "done". We need to not layover and say "oh well" and let it go. As we know building new race tracks are next to impossible. So I ask that you all sign the petition (it is more important than you think), get all of the friends and race car communities to do that same. Get involved.

BTW - The people involved in the purchase that want to keep it a track are serious about turning into a very great facility. all ideas are welcome, but if we don't "Stop" and "Participate" with our voice, and action then the next steps may not matter, of building a great facility.

I here of some plans but not limited to; garages for sale at the facility, to education of the next generation, industrial space for motorsports companies, to the expansion of buildings and infrastructure (land is tight no dreams of 4 wide).

We all see what happens when a corporation buys something with little to no interest in the facility nor the sport, they just let it go.... Well its time to fire up all cylinders and GO on this effort..

Angelo Z
ANZE Suspension.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
So who bought it? The guys who want to keep it a track or the other buyers who want to destroy it?

·
Shrewd Negotiator
11,018 Posts
So who bought it? The guys who want to keep it a track or the other buyers who want to destroy it?
Portman Industrial doesn't run racetracks.

That doesn't leave much else. Did you read what was posted? I'm assuming you didn't by your question or you wouldn't have asked it if you did read it

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That place didn’t seem to have much racer support lately anyways. Atleast compared to Orlando or Bradenton. Too bad, that was a great track when Moroso ran it.

·
Aviation Section
26,902 Posts
Unfortunate that PBIR showed us what they thought of the Drag Racers years ago when they took the whole area on the left side of the track and
gave it to the road course. I have a lot of good memories of going there since 1977 when I first moved to the bottom. That area we lost was for the
Swap Meet, Car Corral and parking, now gone forever and the track may follow. Sad to see Miami-Hollywood close in 1989 and now this. Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
That petition ain't gonna do shit. They, need to be showing up to city council meetings, etc...like we did when we defeated Walmarts plan to build a supercenter 1/2 mile away, from their current one. One the same fuckin street and right outside of an upper class neighborhood. It wasn't just the neighborhood who didn't want it. No one did. So, we pushed back and Walmart withdrew their project and won't be building here. There wasnt a single name on some bullshit petition because we actually did something about it and didn't just virtue signal by signing a bullshit petition that does nothing and makes you feel good axbout doing nothing.

This was in a city the same size as the one PBIR is located in. We have a population of somewhere between 60-70k, just like them. They need to get off their asses and do something instead of signing a bullshit petition.

Please, don't start with a negative statement, do a little research or ask someone in the group or call the people involved.

The petition is part of the political procedure it is important more than you think if they had 100,000 signatures in 10 days it would show the Mayor a massive need and they would address it. If they only see 10 signatures in 100 days then they might say this does not matter.

The people involved that want to keep it a track met with allot of people on the 12th floor (that would be Mayor, and many commissioners) and all things are looking very good. But that does not mean you stop supporting are asking what can i do to help..

Did you sign the petition?

Thank you for keeping PBIR / Moroso alive and helping to support the racing Racing Community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yet another long time historic race track may be under threat of going away.

Two potential buyers. One wants to keep it a racing facility.
One wants to make an industrial area.

Potential sale of PBIR raises concern
The people involved that want to keep it a track met with allot of people on the 12th floor (that would be Mayor, and many commissioners) and all things are looking very good. But that does not mean you stop supporting are asking what can i do to help..

Thank you for keeping PBIR / Moroso alive and helping to support the racing Racing Community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I was with the FHP in 1986 I landed one of their 172 Cessna RG aircraft there. Been going there since 1977 when I moved to South Florida to work at Eastern. They showed the Drag Racers what they think of them when we lost the parking and the stands on the left side of the strip to expand the road course.

We all knew when that happened that we were in danger of loosing another track and here we are, the same thing happened to Miami-Hollywood back in 1989 and that was a much better venue then PBIR! Developers and their cash cannot be stopped! Dave

The petition is part of the political procedure it is important more than you think if they had 100,000 signatures in 10 days it would show the Mayor a massive need and they would address it. If they only see 10 signatures in 100 days then they might say this does not matter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was there in June for the No Prep Kings event. Racers were complaining how small the pits were for the trailers. The whole place felt log jammed and not really able to host big events well.

I had last been there for a large Import event that also used the North side of the track for spectator parking, car show, and vendors. They don't seem to offer that anymore so everything is crammed on the Southside of the track. Didn't think I would go back again but now I guess that won't be an option anyhow.

That is why the potential buyers want to fix it and make it a better place.

·
Registered
11,314 Posts
Holy repeat batman

21 - 40 of 47 Posts