Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Mother Hen
50,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting May 7, if you refund a sale for any reason, PayPal will not refund any of the fees you paid to accept payment for the original sale. So that's the 30 cent flat fee and the 2.9% fee based on sales price. Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Paypal has been pretty unfriendly lately. They took my account that I had with them for over 10 years without telling me why. I logged in and it was "limited" with a nice note saying that they didn't want to do business with me any more. Blew me away!

·
Mother Hen
50,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paypal has been pretty unfriendly lately. They took my account that I had with them for over 10 years without telling me why. I logged in and it was "limited" with a nice note saying that they didn't want to do business with me any more. Blew me away!
Wow. That is weird.

·
Mother Hen
50,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I'll have to update my return policy on eBay. Thanks for the heads up.
It doesn't matter what your return policy is. I do not accept returns. We recently had a woman file a return case on eBay because an expensive ring she purchased was too long for her daughter's finger, even though every possible measurement was included in the description. I turned down the return. She went to PayPal and filed an item not as described case. PayPal sent me a message telling me that if she won, they could not force her to return my ring and she would get a refund. So I couldn't take a chance and had to accept the return or lose my item and my money. The not accepting returns is no protection at all. They can still force you to.

·
Busy being a cunt
30,148 Posts
"These changes will go into effect on May 6, 2019. If you agree to these changes, you don’t have to do anything. If you don’t agree with these changes, you may close your account. If you close your account before May 6, 2019, the changes will not apply to you."

:)

·
Mother Hen
50,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that. I wish there were another widely accepted source to compete with them. Maybe Amazon Money?
I have no clue. I don't even know what else eBay allows short of your own merchant account. I guess I'm going to have to look into what else is available both for selling sites and for receiving funds.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts

They did that to me also. When I finally got in contact with someone after weeks of trying they said my monthly sales and deposits were to much. No other reason given. Shut me off and made me wait 6 months for what money I had in my account to be transferred to my bank.

·
Registered
17,351 Posts
Regular merchant accounts have been this way for many years. I liked that Paypal didn't keep the discount when a refund was made but now that's over. However having Ebay in charge of determining who get a refund is an extra bite.

·
Mother Hen
50,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Regular merchant accounts have been this way for many years. I liked that Paypal didn't keep the discount when a refund was made but now that's over. However having Ebay in charge of determining who get a refund is an extra bite.
Yep, but they also will fight for you on returns. eBay and PayPal aren't gonna do that. They give up your money regardless of whether the case is legitimate or not. They hold your money on certain types of sales and all kinds of hinky crap. I think if they want to jump to holding the fees, they need to cap it to something that covers their transaction costs with a profit. If PayPal does all the crappy stuff and costs the same as a merchant account, then their is no reason to use PayPal.

·
Registered
24,358 Posts

·
Idiot Savant
167,113 Posts
It doesn't matter what your return policy is. I do not accept returns. We recently had a woman file a return case on eBay because an expensive ring she purchased was too long for her daughter's finger, even though every possible measurement was included in the description. I turned down the return. She went to PayPal and filed an item not as described case. PayPal sent me a message telling me that if she won, they could not force her to return my ring and she would get a refund. So I couldn't take a chance and had to accept the return or lose my item and my money. The not accepting returns is no protection at all. They can still force you to.

You chose to. I don't accept returns. They try to extort a return, I tell them, nicely, to fuck off. I've never lost a part, or a nickel.

But, if this is going to be their new policy, I'll just get rid of paypal. I just use it because it's convenient.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Yep, but they also will fight for you on returns. eBay and PayPal aren't gonna do that. They give up your money regardless of whether the case is legitimate or not. They hold your money on certain types of sales and all kinds of hinky crap. I think if they want to jump to holding the fees, they need to cap it to something that covers their transaction costs with a profit. If PayPal does all the crappy stuff and costs the same as a merchant account, then their is no reason to use PayPal.

but yet you still us them . so stop the whinning

1 - 20 of 69 Posts