Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 84 Mustang with a mild 302, stock compression, not looking for gobs of power right now, so with that in mind that is the reason I was looking at this kit, has anyone had any experience with this kit? What kind of power can it actually make? Part number is 1001864SL

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I just looked it up. It looks like a reasonable kit. Once you have installed it and sampled the power you will want more. Therefore I reckon it'll be cheaper to call Steve or any other YB dealer and get a P1SC/D1SC for the motor you have now. They will talk you though the build.

Just so other know what this kit is.....

http://www.jegs.com/i/Paxton/769/1001864SL-P/10002/-1?parentProductId=745021

Ford Supercharger Kits
Small block Ford entry-level carbureted blow-through system for 1964-68 vehicles with 260,289 or 302 cu.in. engines. Features the NOVI-1200SL centrifugal supercharger with internal lubrication. Adds up to 125HP at modest boost levels. Includes the new PowerHat carburetor bonnet with Vortech "Diffusion Technology" - using an internal air diffuser that allows for easier tuning, maximum power output. Its low profile fits under the stock hood of most vehicles. 8-rib serpentine drive assembly, mounting bracket, discharge tube, reuseable air filter plus all hardware included. Easily upgradable for high horsepower with various pulleys and bypass valves available. NOVI 1200SL compressor is capable of supporting up to 775 HP.

I'm really not sure if they can beat that price though.....$2719 for the blower, carb, belts, pullyes, FMU etc.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts