Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...I don't give a shit about NASCAR; NASCAR isn't the point. The banking at AMS is 28 degrees. I have raced at Daytona (31 degrees), and driven around Talladega (33 degrees), which isn't relevant to this post, but, hey, this is YB, so why not? Anyway, it's cool to see how they lay the asphalt down. There are some interesting, more detailed videos of when they paved Daytona a few years ago on YT...

·
Registered
26,393 Posts
...I don't give a shit about NASCAR; NASCAR isn't the point. The banking at AMS is 28 degrees. I have raced at Daytona (31 degrees), and driven around Talladega (33 degrees), which isn't relevant to this post, but, hey, this is YB, so why not? Anyway, it's cool to see how they lay the asphalt down. There are some interesting, more detailed videos of when they paved Daytona a few years ago on YT...

Very slow interesting process for sure!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
After watching the hot mix rolling down the track ( @ :43 ) I have to wonder about segregation in the new matt.
Maybe the amount is so minor it's not an issue

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Interesting they are using Vogele pavers. We have 5 of them at my work. Yes paving can definitely be a very slow operation. Bad days come when the buggy has a major failure and it’s full of asphalt. Boy do those days suck. But that Buggy helps a lot with reduction in segregation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts