Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Paul wanted me to post a small write up of what we were doing with his C6 Z06. When the car arrived, we base lined the car on the dyno to gauge what we had as a starting point. We then created a plug and play ecu kit for the vehicle ( http://www.proefi.com/Chevrolet.html ).Paul and I still need to sort through a few goals with the car, the link shows the dyno results. The blue line is the baseline run from when the car arrived at base boost (6psi) and 93 octane fuel. The Red line is the same run with just the change to the ProEFI ECU, 220lb injectors and 91 octane fuel(no boost change what so ever). The Green line is the boost running 11psi on 91 octane pump gas. I know the injectors seem like overkill, but the original intent was that we were going to add flex fuel capability and be able to support E85 at full boost! I will post some video links up this next week of some dyno runs. Once we get the traction control working, I'll take some video of that as well!

·
Registered
476 Posts
so what's with the E85 plans ??
and does your software support the E85 , if there's any difference in the fuel map and such ( im asking if there's a difference , new to E85 )
thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Damn thats bad. I've been looking at your ECUs for quite a while now and will be ordering one shortly for my new project.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a Procharged 05 C6 that makes 800ish. We are going turbo in a few months. Would your harness and ecu work and whats the price?
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The system supports E85 complete to a "flex fuel" level. If added, a flex fuel sensor will measure the percentage of Ethanol, and the calibration can be changed based on it with out touching so much as a toggle switch. When i say the calibration can be changed, I am saying that the computer will add fuel, timing, and boost based on the percentage. You can drive into a gas station with 3 gal of 93octane in the tank, and pump in as much of little Ethanol as you like. The computer will make adjustments to the cal based on the percentage. You can leave the gas station with 500 more horse power than you had when you pulled in if you pump enough in, and have the appropriate modifications done to support it, with out touching anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1CzmmMUy50

This is real.

so what's with the E85 plans ??
and does your software support the E85 , if there's any difference in the fuel map and such ( im asking if there's a difference , new to E85 )
thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a Procharged 05 C6 that makes 800ish. We are going turbo in a few months. Would your harness and ecu work and whats the price?
Thanks,
Bill
I need to double check the direct fittment from 05 to 06, but I believe they will plug right in. Total pricing will depend on options, but list price for the ecu and harness is about $2700.00.

·
up and running soon.
13,182 Posts
Holy shit,love them numbers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is done to it ? Any pics?
Paul can chime in on the engine specifics, what we did is take control over all of the engine functions (fuel, timing, boost, traction control..etc..) Originally we were talking about adding E85 capability to run the turbo's all in. You have to love the LS7 for ease of making power. We achieved the power levels so easily, and without leaning on the tune whatsoever. Paul and I discussed it, and decided that we really didn't need to add the additional fuel system etc... to allow E85, which would have been complicated to say the least for a street car. I'll get some video of the car up shortly with the traction control working, and a couple of dyno pulls!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Guys

Jason did an unbelievable job with the car. The engine is a stock LS7 block with forged internals built by The Vette Doctors nothing crazy its my daily driver. It has an twin turbo APS system on it agian nothing exotic. Talking with Jason about my race car and looking at the videos of the Flex fuel setup peaked my intrest. I talked to Jason about hooking my street car up with the setup. Well I had a goal of 850 to the rear wheels on E85 and a few mild tunes to drive around town with and he gives me 870+ on 91 octane. I can't beleive it fantastic job. At this point there is no point in doing the flex fuel setup as I didn't build this engine to support the power levels that the E85 would net, so I don't want to push it. The next test will be to see how well Jason gets the power to the ground. I can't wait to get the car back and start playing with it.

Jason thanks again that is just unreal. I didn't expect that kind of power from that setup. Great job!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys

Jason did an unbelievable job with the car. The engine is a stock LS7 block with forged internals built by The Vette Doctors nothing crazy its my daily driver. It has an twin turbo APS system on it agian nothing exotic. Talking with Jason about my race car and looking at the videos of the Flex fuel setup peaked my intrest. I talked to Jason about hooking my street car up with the setup. Well I had a goal of 850 to the rear wheels on E85 and a few mild tunes to drive around town with and he gives me 870+ on 91 octane. I can't beleive it fantastic job. At this point there is no point in doing the flex fuel setup as I didn't build this engine to support the power levels that the E85 would net, so I don't want to push it. The next test will be to see how well Jason gets the power to the ground. I can't wait to get the car back and start playing with it.

Jason thanks again that is just unreal. I didn't expect that kind of power from that setup. Great job!!!
Your welcome Paul! Once I get the traction control setup, I'll send you a nice video to watch! The car is definately going to need some stickier street tires! :) I know we can run a few more pounds of boost on pump gas too....if you decide you want to push it a bit more!

·
Mike Case
2,347 Posts
wow !! thats bad ass for sure. i like the tune up in that car. can you get some pics up ? thanks.

-mike.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Your welcome Paul! Once I get the traction control setup, I'll send you a nice video to watch! The car is definately going to need some stickier street tires! :) I know we can run a few more pounds of boost on pump gas too....if you decide you want to push it a bit more!
Jason

Get a set of tires on that bitch and get that power to the ground. I got few of my buddies that need to be put back in thier place. I think I will start with a certian twin turbo porshe. Oh this is going to be fun!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts