49,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you cut it?

The bottle says 10:1 or more.

Is this stuff that strong?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Full strength might screw up the pump. I would cut it. Ive been using Simple Green for about a year. Seems to be a little less harsh then the Bleach White I used to use. I think there might be two different formulas for Simple Green too. You might want to check that out.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Simple green extreme. Aluminum safe
Was going to mention how it darkens aluminum.
Thats what I use. Mixed 50/50. Clean aluminum everyday. Never a problem.
WTF :(

I got 10 cases of that lemon crap that was posted

Heated washer? We use Simple Green Crystal, the clear stuff, and mix it 5-1
I have 2

A SafetyKleen one and one of those red & blue Chinese ones. Neither are heated.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
tractor supply solvent works very good. Been using it for three years. No problems.
Yup... Real life solvent, not water based... so it works better, and doesn't cause stuff to rust. It's called PSC 1000.

The pumps in the $99 parts washers are junk. You'll end up looking for something better... and while you're at it, plumb in an oil filter to keep the solvent cleaner, and make it last longer.

This is the pump you will eventually want. Plumb this into a remote oil filter adapter, and you're set. I had a write-up on here on how to do it... but I don't think search is working anymore, and a lot of the photos were on Photobucket. Tis' life. I think it was called 'Parts Washer Upgrade'.

Anyway, the pump...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-GIANT-PE-2YSA-Pump-Parts-Washer/221568121193?epid=1340957772&hash=item33967d3969:g:QVsAAOSwxzdaBmlx

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tractor supply solvent works very good. Been using it for three years. No problems.
That's what I was going to originally use but then this Simple Green deal popped up.

Yup... Real life solvent, not water based... so it works better, and doesn't cause stuff to rust. It's called PSC 1000.

The pumps in the $99 parts washers are junk. You'll end up looking for something better... and while you're at it, plumb in an oil filter to keep the solvent cleaner, and make it last longer.

This is the pump you will eventually want. Plumb this into a remote oil filter adapter, and you're set. I had a write-up on here on how to do it... but I don't think search is working anymore, and a lot of the photos were on Photobucket. Tis' life. I think it was called 'Parts Washer Upgrade'.

Anyway, the pump...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-GIANT-PE-2YSA-Pump-Parts-Washer/221568121193?epid=1340957772&hash=item33967d3969:g:QVsAAOSwxzdaBmlx

Good Luck
Thanks for the name of the product.

My Chinese parts washer has been through hell and back in the 20+ years I've had it. Always worked fine and the only thing that crapped out was the on/off switch. ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts