Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using for your parts washers? Mineral spirits or a true parts solvent, or a mixture with diesel fuel?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Safety Clean. I get mine serviced at work. Just take it in when they come to service my shop. No contract required like that either..........

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Mineral spirits

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Got mine from Tractor Supply where i bought the parts washer , i think its just mineral spirits. I know it works good.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I get a kick out of this when company’s try and push the "environmentally safe" speech.
As soon as you use it it's now hazardous. lol

Only if something is introduced into it that makes it hazardous, like a flammable substance that lowers the flash point.

Having worked for Safety Kleen for 7 years or so back in the day, when the 150 flash mineral sprits came out. Many people had their solvent tested to make sure it was indeed non-hazardous. About 75-80% of them came back non-hazardous even after a 12 week use cycle.

As long as nobody sprayed brake or carb cleaner into it, it almost always came back good.

And by the way Safety Kleen solvent is mineral sprits, with color added on the 105 flash stuff...which is hazardous due to flash point being below 140.

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
Mineral Spirits with a touch of transmission fluid thrown in, helps my skin from drying out to much and does a great job dissolving carbon. I put in half a qt of ATF DexIII per 5 gallons.

I didn't like agitene. Seemed like it would eat through gloves.

aqous bio part washing systems are nice.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Mineral Spirits with a touch of transmission fluid thrown in, helps my skin from drying out to much and does a great job dissolving carbon. I put in half a qt of ATF DexIII per 5 gallons.

I didn't like agitene. Seemed like it would eat through gloves.

aqous bio part washing systems are nice.
I do the same thing with the ATF ,

·
Registered
14,798 Posts
What do you guys do with your parts after the solvent tank? Hot water rinse in a sink? Rinse with the hose? Blow dry?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
where's a good place to get one solvent cleaner 30gal. drum/upper tank deals at?

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
What do you guys do with your parts after the solvent tank? Hot water rinse in a sink? Rinse with the hose? Blow dry?
blow dry with a air gun

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where's a good place to get one solvent cleaner 30gal. drum/upper tank deals at?
Sam I spoke with safety kleen at pri you can lease them or buy them. I opted to buy a parts washer off ebay new but it is not the drum below type, it has solvent in lower part of the parts washer at all times with a shelf half way up in side you can remove. it will work fine for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts