Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What are you using to control what your kids see on the net? I got to get something setup, it should be legal to shoot some of these assholes.
X2! what the hell works? I don't want to spend the rest of my life hunting down some asshole that phucks with my daughter..I have beer to drink and cars to race first.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
my parental control is my girls are only allowed to use the laptop, and only in the living room when at least one of us is sitting there with them. my oldest being 16, isn't happy about it, but that's too fucking bad. she would love nothing more than to take it in her room & close the door, & that's EXACTLY why she ain't gonna. lol

·
Trolling the Trolls
16,950 Posts
my son is 19 now, I would always check the pages he visited.

yeah, he looked for some spank material, can't say I blame him. Had some good tastes as well!

You can get a keylogger that plugs in between the keyboard and the desktop, it CANNOT be found by any scanning.

A buddy of mine had one on his GF's desktop, about died laughing at our gutter thoughts and discussions. I'm 41, she's 19 and the current owner of my no rust anywhere 86 Trans Am from Cali, purely a friendship.

He knew our thought process, he's been part of them........her blurting out........

"Fuck a screw, I want a drill!"

led to 30 minutes of nonstop laughter!!!!!!

But then he was able to find out she was cheating, lying about paying the bills and other behind the back shit. Kicked that bitch to the curb and moved on.

Doubt I'll ever see my Trans Am again :(

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
my parental control is my girls are only allowed to use the laptop, and only in the living room when at least one of us is sitting there with them. my oldest being 16, isn't happy about it, but that's too fucking bad. she would love nothing more than to take it in her room & close the door, & that's EXACTLY why she ain't gonna. lol
X2!

·
Registered
7,540 Posts
X3

·
Registered
861 Posts
Kids are smarter than this :), They'll just download mozilla, lol.

It's funny, when I was a kid my parents tried putting parental controls on the satellite receiver in my bedroom. Well, I bought a card programmer and hacked the smart card on the receiver and got more channels than they did.

I thought Internet Explorer had parental controls built in?

Just checked... They do. Go under "Tools", "Internet Options", "Content Tab", and select what you want.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Firefox and Internet Explorer both have content controls, and AVG free anti virus even pops up to tell you the site you're about to go to may be dangerous. My kids love their computers too much to lose them, which they know will happen if they are caught doing something they're not supposed to. I check the pages they've been to pretty regularly, so no problems. My son is 17 and daughter is 13 and each have their own lap tops.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Kids are smarter than this :), They'll just download mozilla, lol.

It's funny, when I was a kid my parents tried putting parental controls on the satellite receiver in my bedroom. Well, I bought a card programmer and hacked the smart card on the receiver and got more channels than they did.
Well assuming you're using either Win XP or Vista, you set your kids up with a 'user' account and not an 'administrator' account so that they can't install software without asking you to do it.

Sure, older Windows 3.11, 95, 98, ME, 2000 had shitty security controls for parent, but XP and Vista have changed that.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Until your kid downloads ophcrack burns a cd, boots the cd and has all your windows passwords.

Well assuming you're using either Win XP or Vista, you set your kids up with a 'user' account and not an 'administrator' account so that they can't install software without asking you to do it.

Sure, older Windows 3.11, 95, 98, ME, 2000 had shitty security controls for parent, but XP and Vista have changed that.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm of the belief that children always have twice the ability with technology as there parents do. Its kind of like steroids in the olympics, the steroids are always ahead of the testing. So have fun trying to control the content your child has on the internet they start out with an advantage over you.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Until your kid downloads ophcrack burns a cd, boots the cd and has all your windows passwords.
There are going to be children and adolescents who are going to figure out ways around everything. Those properly raised will have enough parental guidance/supervision to keep it from happening.

Those who aren't won't have parents that secure the PC in the first place.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought Internet Explorer had parental controls built in?

Just checked... They do. Go under "Tools", "Internet Options", "Content Tab", and select what you want.
I have been playing with that some but its not working like I want it to at this point. It stops pretty much every thing and I haven't figured out how to make it "learn" the sites that are "ok". At this point I am not worried about them intentionally going anywhere, its the unintentional that I am worried about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts