Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
I love my Simpson. I can completely repack mine faster than my buddy with the Stroud can untangle his tethers.

Chute opens soft, and stops you quick. What more could you want? Saves your rotors and pads!!!

One tip. Get a 12" long piece of weedwhacker string. Use that instead of that piece of nylon cord they use to thread the bag closed. Saves alot of grief and aggravation.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I have a Stroud on my car and I love it. It's the first chute I've ever owned and it was easy to learn to pack and it stops the car very well. As far as the mount goes, I use one that we got from Chassis Engineering....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I love my Simpson. I can completely repack mine faster than my buddy with the Stroud can untangle his tethers.

Chute opens soft, and stops you quick. What more could you want? Saves your rotors and pads!!!

One tip. Get a 12" long piece of weedwhacker string. Use that instead of that piece of nylon cord they use to thread the bag closed. Saves alot of grief and aggravation.
X3

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Simpson here and I use it more and more it gets easier and easier to pack.

Def save on brakes.

I am 3200 lbs and run 9.0 @ 150 and 8.50 @ 160 on spray

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd say if the car needs it, or is borderline... just put one on and be done with it.

Once you start using the chute, you will never want to smell glazed pads and blued rotors again.
They make one HELL of a difference.

I always thought it was just as neat to yank the chute, as it was to launch the car. :p

It DOES suck though... to have to get out of the car on the return road to gather up the laundry every time.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
you havent even run the car yet. I bet you dont break 140mph
Doesn't mean it isn't nice to have. Just because it's required at 150 doesn't mean you can't use it until then.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts