Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Almost there . Just have to weld on the tether mount and powder coat .

Haven't figured out the cable yet .............. does it have to be attached to the chute mount or can it just hang out there after its pulled ?

The air line is connected to a bulkhead push to connect fitting for easy removal .

chutemount1.jpg

·
Registered
199 Posts
Haven't figured out the cable yet .............. does it have to be attached to the chute mount or can it just hang out there after its pulled ?
It must be attached no more than 12" from the chute. Which sucks b/c it added more friction in my set up and is one more thing to unscrew to remove the chute.

·
Registered
235 Posts
About the pin, what is the reason it's prohibited by NHRA? Correct, it probably won't hold the load that's why.
Maybe it's just thin walls cause theres this mechanism inside it. Put something solid in there and never look back.
Safety comes second, or how the saying goes :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, the quick pins are hollow. A 1/2" bolt with nyloc nut will pass tech. Or a clevis and cotter pin set up is more secure but not sure if that'll pass tech.

·
Registered
23,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks . Ill go with the 1/2" bolt instead of the pin , but heres what I got so far . B een too busy to really mess with it , but its ready for powder coat now .

It launches it about 8 to 9 feet out .

chutepic.jpg

·
Registered
23,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Pulled the chute for the first time last night . Everything worked great .

Pretty damn cool . I was surprised how much it helped get it slowed down , with much less brake needed .

I could feel it moving the rear around a little bit , but assume thats normal .

·
Registered
66,753 Posts
No, it's not normal.

But it will be, in your application, due to where the location of the lanyards are attached.

·
Registered
23,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
No, it's not normal.

But it will be, in your application, due to where the location of the lanyards are attached.

Its not a lot , just noticeable . I can feel the chute in the turbulent air buffering back and fourth .

Ive only driven this truck for 20 years , so any thing slightly different is noticeable .

I would have to believe the air is more disturbed behind the truck than a car . Maybe not ..... just a theory . But the air comes over the cab and hits the rear section of the tonneau cover . I had to put a sheet of aluminum under that area just to keep the truck stable at the top end .

Not sure if you can see the pic or not .........

Dave-3.jpg

41 - 56 of 56 Posts