Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys mounting your parachute handles? I have a 1" bar from my funnycar cage across to the passenger side and would like some ideas of how to mount it. Pics would be great.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
It's the button on the left side of the steering wheel..

I know it's not what you asked for.. I'm just putting that idea out there for you to think about..

·
T/S 368E
33,851 Posts

Welded stud for the handle and a plain bracket for the dual cables.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'll just throw this out there

manual cable release onthe dash in front of the shifter as a safety backup,,, air release button on the floor where the dimmer switch used to be. Keeps both hands on the wheel and no fumbeling looking for a button.

made my release out of a simple bibma air cylinder

Power to the relay for the air release is the LAST thing to get activated before staging so theres no accidential deployments in the lanes or anywhere else. Foot rests beside the button pedistal and rolls up and over the top of it crossing the stripe.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I have mine next to the shifter also. I think it helps from pulling on the wheel from moving the body to reach up and over. So to me its ez moving for me

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,052 Posts
mounted mine on the side of my shifter...

How do you like using the 'chute release where you have it mounted? I kinda like that idea. I don't have a funny car cage in mine and would have to add something up by the headliner to attach the release to.

How are those bottle mounts? Any issues with them scratching the bottles? I just got one from them but for a single 15 lb.

·
Registered
540 Posts
How do you like using the 'chute release where you have it mounted? I kinda like that idea. I don't have a funny car cage in mine and would have to add something up by the headliner to attach the release to.

How are those bottle mounts? Any issues with them scratching the bottles? I just got one from them but for a single 15 lb.
the chute mount is fine where i put it...your hand is close by the shifter anyways so its not that big of a deal...

the bottle mounts work great but they dont have any padding to protect the bottle finish...in time im sure they will mark them up but who is going to see them at over 170 mph ??? lol

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,052 Posts
the chute mount is fine where i put it...your hand is close by the shifter anyways so its not that big of a deal...

the bottle mounts work great but they dont have any padding to protect the bottle finish...in time im sure they will mark them up but who is going to see them at over 170 mph ??? lol
I am going to try the door edge gaurds that stick-on, maybe that will keep the bottles looking new.

I tried painting mine today but it came out like crap. Gonna strip it and do it again..........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts