Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to mount a RacePak pan vac sensor, I was considering locating it at the back of the intake manifold. How much distance is needed between the ignition wires, and the sensor wires? Can I shield the sensor wires from RF noise if to close?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Need to mount a RacePak pan vac sensor, I was considering locating it at the back of the intake manifold. How much distance is needed between the ignition wires, and the sensor wires? Can I shield the sensor wires from RF noise if to close?
mounted mine in the front of valve cover-------------works great

·
Registered
641 Posts
I thought this was a cool idea for my dry sump BBF, not sure in your case if it will work. I just drilled and pipe tapped the plug d34d363c7872989f557e2be785670326.0.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Real blocks dont even have that area.
The block is a KB Olds, so there is no fuel pump block off plate...…...was considering tapping a hole in the side of the crankcase, but the engine is assembled so I'd have to at least remove the oil pan to make sure no debris from drilling/tapping find their way into the engine.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's why I run it in back of head.My ignition is up front.I always drill head before assembly but I suppose if use vac cleaner you could drill and tap head on engine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I mounted mine remotely on a bracket that is rubber mounted on the firewall. Then ran a 1/4 DOT air brake tubing to a push lock fitting in the back of the cylinder head. When I prime up the motor by spinning the dry sump pump, I unplug the tubing to relieve the vacuum to make it easier to spin the pump.
20200603_104412.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I mounted mine remotely on a bracket that is rubber mounted on the firewall. Then ran a 1/4 DOT air brake tubing to a push lock fitting in the back of the cylinder head. When I prime up the motor by spinning the dry sump pump, I unplug the tubing to relieve the vacuum to make it easier to spin the pump. View attachment 92164
Good idea using PushLoc fittings to enable remote mounting of the sensor...…...why didn't I think of that :), I appreciate your input/help.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The instructions say to never mount the sensor directly to the block. Too much vibration. I have a -4 hose coming off the front of a valve cover for 16" and then the sensor on my rear engine dragster. Same for oil pressure. I run a hose down to the frame and mount the sensor where it can't touch the frame or the engine. My only sensor actually mounted on the engine is the temperature sensor.

·
Registered
27,336 Posts
Mine were all mounted on the back of the driver side valve cover. We had a plug we could put on the fitting if we wanted to remove the valve cover. It was easy to unscrew, and get to. Screw it back on before the run. Worked for us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts