Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just use regular mineral spirits , paint thinner to strip, ? Then a self etching primer then vht high temp paint. That's what I was gunna do.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
friend of mine powder coated my moroso oil pan chevy orange and it looks awesome

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
powder coat is the way to go but i have had the best results using the plasticoat engine paints. bare steel then primer, paint and clear coat. their clear doesn't seem to turn yellow.

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
I would try and not get any on the inside of the pan. You don't want that coming loose and pumping through the engine or clogging the filter. Also don't think mineral spirits or thinner will strip the old paint. You can buy stripper at most parts stores.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Who's pan? Moroso put a shit zinc coating on their new pans. If so your going to have to sandblast the coating off before anything will stick.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Stripped the pan, primer, primer sealer, and Dupli-Color Chrysler Blue engine paint. I didn't use a clear coat... I should have after some contact was made while installing the engine :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
POR makes a paint that appears very similar to powder coat and comes in color. The pan needs to be stripped to bare metal and prepped properly and it will last a long time. They even have a paint especially for engines. I used their regular gloss silver on my pan and happy with the results. I have used their black paint on several frames and very happy with the result. They don't call it powder coat in a can for nothing. http://www.por15.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts