Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done this to get them to heat up faster? Is it legal to do so? Thinking of trying this since I am probably just going to try and heat my bottles up by placing them in the sunlight for now

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing illegal about it.but I don't think it will make them heat much faster.old hold heat better .bottle bath will fix all you problems
Wouldn't a bottle bath require a heating element, and therefore something to generate power to that heating element?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yes so it does take a generator or some power supply.if that's not possible a simple bottle heater should work.I personally use a heat gun and generator in the pits and torch to keep temps up.imo black paint will be hotter but you need a good bit of heat to soak not only the outside of bottle but its contents. I belive 96* is all that's needed to get around 1100 psi.but just like with a torch if I heat bottle for a few secs if its completely cold the outside is to temp but the pressure hasn't risen.in other words.painting it black may have very very small advantages to keeping bottle heated but is Probally more for looks.need to look in a consistant method to heat bottle becuase that's more important

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
And using sunlight or exhaust does work but is keep a.close eye on pressure.maybe make a short line with guage and blow off cap so valave can stay open and you can read pressure.like I said 96* internally is around 1100 psi.no.need to.be that high on nitrous pressure unless you want it high to purge it out.900-1000 is optimal. Direct sunlight at 80* outside temp could be well over 1000* so very close eye is needed on bottle

·
Puttin'er in the beams!
1,336 Posts
A buddy of mine painted his bottles a matte black color. When sitting in the sun, they would get noticeably warmer than the gloss colors. Not a bad idea for the test and tune guy!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Before I built my water bath, I would just start the truck and turn the heater on full blast. doesn't take long to heat bottles.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it seems like the black might help some, but not a whole lot...Lots of other good advice- if im understanding correctly, the bottle valve has to be open to be able to read the pressure, but obviously plugged so that im not loosing any nitrous to check it.

I thought about getting a bottle heater, but I have heard that they really put a strain on the car's battery

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The bottle heaters are like headlights they pull just enough amps that if the car is off on 30 min to a hour your battery could be dead.keep the cat running or get a generator and battery charger and use that.other wise you could build a bottle bath with charcoal.and cool hotdogs at the same time.lol

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good info, I guess if I keep the heater on too long then I have problems, otherwise im good....I thought I read that some shut off after reaching a certain temp, but gotta look into that more...although the charcoal and hot dogs thing sounds pretty tempting LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts