Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Angel Padilla just crashed hard in his new car while running aganst Sam Vincent in round 2 of Street Renegade at Bristol. Padilla, who was in the left lane, had a big cloud of white smoke come out from under the car and then crossed over and appeared to ht the right wall at about the eighth mile mark. Vincent was already out on Padilla, so all this happened behind him. At this time, the word is that the driver is out of the car and okay. The car is back in the left lane at the finish line and clean up is under way.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Glad to hear Angel is OK, he is one of the best racers to be around. He will give you the shirt off his back. The car can be replaced.
it's not the same angel padilla from san antonio, it's another racer... glad to hear he was ok though and i hope the car is repairable

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
it's not the same angel padilla from san antonio, it's another racer... glad to hear he was ok though and i hope the car is repairable
Man im glad it wasnt San Antonio Angel! Did he run in renegade in Houston? Glad the driver involved is OK!

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Man im glad it wasnt San Antonio Angel! Did he run in renegade in Houston? Glad the driver involved is OK!
yea he ran in houston, as a matter of fact, i think he won that race... he has a new motor in the car and he's just trying to figure some things out...

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
yeah, he did win FFW Houston. I used to work for his engine builder here in Houston.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
yeah, he did win FFW Houston. I used to work for his engine builder here in Houston.
who was he using before and when?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update - Padilla was reportedly hopping around with what appears to be a minor foot injury, but otherwise is unscathed. he was out of the car before the emergency vehicles had even stooped rolling. The car came across the track from the left lane and barely missed the right wall, then continued on three wheels back across the track (and over the 1,000 ft cone) to hit the left wall hard before going across the finish line.

On the behalf of FFW and all of their racers and fans, we thank God's blessings for keeping the driver safe from serious injury and look forward to seeing you continuing your championship quest at Epping with your backup car in two weeks.

We have photos posted on the Fun Ford site. I am not authorized to post photos here. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I believe the engine that was in the car when he won FFW was built by Erik and Co at H.K.E. here in Houston.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
glad he's ok!

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
I believe the engine that was in the car when he won FFW was built by Erik and Co at H.K.E. here in Houston.
not too sure... as far as i know the 306 was built by pete kotzur... as far as the new one goes, well, that's for angel to talk about not me

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
wasnt a 306 in the car at FFW im pretty sure.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
wasnt a 306 in the car at FFW im pretty sure.
yea the 306 was in the car at houston but i'm pretty sure kotzur built that motor

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
hmm.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts