Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rust free '90 notch that I have a salvage title for in my name.I would like to build a street car out of it,I have never dealt with the process before. What Do I need to do,and what do I need to know?I'm sure there are some here that have and maybe even an inspection shop owner.Thank's.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
You have to apply for a reconstructed title. Enhanced inspection (which is a joke), copies of reciepts, pay the sales tax and fees and you get a title. I have a guy here that does the inspection and all the paperwork for $130. Then I take it to a notary with an internet connection to Harrisburg. Get the title back in a week. PAY PAY PAY. I've done cars that the sales tax & fees cost more than the parts to fix them....no lie.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Enhanced vehicle inspection can be tough. everything has to work as it came from the factory. factory exhaust etc.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I just stopped and asked this question today (salvage title) at a local place that has a notary service and they fix and sell R titled cars. I have to take my Sons car to the state licensed enhanced inspector, show receipts for repairs and documentation, he faxes the info to the notary. 159.75 for inspection, plate, and notary service, plus sales tax owed on vehicle. She said bring it in and you could be driving it that day if it passes inspection. No big deal.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
WHO IN THE FUCK WANTS TO BUILD FROM OR DRIVE A CAR THAT HAS BEEN DEEMED A PILE OF SHIT? CRUSH THAT SHIT.
You must as Dumb as a Stump or as bright as a burnt out Light Bulb !

In Pa if an insurance company takes possesion of a vehicle , no matter how minor the damage they always come back as a Salvage aTitle .

·
Registered
418 Posts

In Pa if an insurance company takes possesion of a vehicle , no matter how minor the damage they always come back as a Salvage aTitle .
same in most state I believe, it cou.d be as simple as a stolen car that the ins. company paid out on, they own it if recovered, and it gets auctioned off with a salvage title

·
IN HILLARY'S PANTIES
5,050 Posts

LOL. I LOVE GETTING UNDER PEOPLES SKIN. CARRY-ON LOL

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
LOL. I LOVE GETTING UNDER PEOPLES SKIN. CARRY-ON LOL
It just Burns Me I buy alot of Auction cars , and after the Salvage title deal it voids warranties and most places will not finance them for prospective buyers !

What sucks also if you want to buy your own car back from the insurance co and repair it you have to surrender your title then they send you back a salvage title. Its total B.S. and the insurance companies own the politicians so any Law the propose gets passed.

·
IN HILLARY'S PANTIES
5,050 Posts
It just Burns Me I buy alot of Auction cars , and after the Salvage title deal it voids warranties and most places will not finance them for prospective buyers !

What sucks also if you want to buy your own car back from the insurance co and repair it you have to surrender your title then they send you back a salvage title. Its total B.S. and the insurance companies own the politicians so any Law the propose gets passed.
YEAH I KNOW MAN, THAT SUCKS.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts

People also making good money off salvage cars. Guy here in town buys high cars and trucks. Flood ,theft and light hits make a lot of money .. Cars are fixed and sold to drug dealers etc for cash money.. And he get almost retail for them...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts