Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These 2 bolt in subframes appear to be virtually identical,
Which one should a guy choose for a small tire grudge car that actually sees 100 miles of Street duty per year?
What experience is out there with each?

·
Registered
748 Posts
The PA Racing clip sure looks line my Smith Racecraft clip. I am still building the car so I cannot share the street manners with you. The Smith is very high quality and I am impressed with the fit and room it allows.

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PA Racing clip sure looks line my Smith Racecraft clip. I am still building the car so I cannot share the street manners with you. The Smith is very high quality and I am impressed with the fit and room it allows.
Yeah, they are next to identical in the online pics. Who is the original? And who builds it better quality?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Can help with Smith Racecraft if you decide to go that route, nice shhtuff! Shoot me a message.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a PA Racing tube front end for my 69 Nova and if I had to do it again I'd go with Smith Racecraft due to a few issues with PA Racing.
1. Upper control arm bolt hoes needed to be redrilled so the control arm would be able to bolt on.
2. Rack and pinion mount needed to be cut off and rewelded due to the mount being welded to the frame crooked.
3. Lower control arm front mount needed to be cut and rewelded due to improper mounting location. The front lower control arm mount was welded to far back about a 1/2".
4. I bought the rack and pinion from PA Racing expecting a direct fit. Not the case. The rack was an off the shelf piece and the driver side rod end needed to be cut and extended two inches or so. Passenger side was fine.

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BAM!
exactly the kind of feed back I am after.
As of today, I'm leaning toward the Smith Racecraft part, and possibly the Skyview
Thanks all
I bought a PA Racing tube front end for my 69 Nova and if I had to do it again I'd go with Smith Racecraft due to a few issues with PA Racing.
1. Upper control arm bolt hoes needed to be redrilled so the control arm would be able to bolt on.
2. Rack and pinion mount needed to be cut off and rewelded due to the mount being welded to the frame crooked.
3. Lower control arm front mount needed to be cut and rewelded due to improper mounting location. The front lower control arm mount was welded to far back about a 1/2".
4. I bought the rack and pinion from PA Racing expecting a direct fit. Not the case. The rack was an off the shelf piece and the driver side rod end needed to be cut and extended two inches or so. Passenger side was fine.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The Smith Racecraft subframe is a proven piece, that is why I went with it for my car. I am totally pleased with mine and everything fits like it should.

I believe Andy, an employee of Smith Racecraft, designed the first subframe.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I just put a smith racecraft in my 69 nova and man what a bad ass piece... Top notch if you ask me everyone else is a copy.

·
Registered
16,197 Posts
What are you streets like? I looked hard at the SRC piece. Beautiful. But, too light duty for the quality of roads I see where I live. I went with the TCI mustang set up, and am very pleased with how it has held up to shitty Canadian roads

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are you streets like? I looked hard at the SRC piece. Beautiful. But, too light duty for the quality of roads I see where I live. I went with the TCI mustang set up, and am very pleased with how it has held up to shitty Canadian roads
Good point. Roads around here are not great, but it sees very few miles now a days. Maybe 100 miles a year lately.
I am decided on the Smith Racecraft subframe.
Thanks all

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Pedals, I was around with BK when he ran his '67 Nova with the SRC front suspension. Very nice and good working parts, just pricey. I have a Checkered Racing front end in my '66 Nova which is just Mustang II. I have a Heidtz in my '67 Nova and stock in my '69 Nova with FULL SRC rear set-up.

The SRC is just like a Mustang FOX body front and there are LOTZ of Mustangs running around Ontario with various CM front clips similar to the SRC. I think the frames portions will be fine. Just maybe not for for the lightest strut/spindle design and you should be fine. No different then any FOX body, AN95 or third gen or later Camaro. All are struts right?????

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can`t go wrong with the Smith frame.

We got ours from Mills588;awesome deal,and awesome guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts