Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't bore everyone with details but here is the issue. First pass I had a .016 light, second pass .072, third pass was .093 and last pass was .123. Lets assume I stage the same, know what I am doing, and the car is extremely consistant and has won alot of races. Is there anything inside the trans that can make the brake release slower during a event? Temp of oil in the pan never got above 170 degrees. Running Hy Gard hyd oil. While the problem could be me not releasing the button, it seems like I could have lucked up with a better light in there some where. My practice tree plugs into my car system and when I play I am decent so the button is not an issue. Mega 400 box, set on 0s running a .4 pro tree. Box controls a relay for the brake application. I did not think to try to listen to the solonoid release with the car hot and not running. DUH! It seems fine sitting in the shop cold.

·
Super Moderator
19,380 Posts
Could be the solenoid. Take it off and see if the plunger seal feels like its trying to grab the apply shaft . Also check the band adjustment and see if its changed at all.

Hutch

·
DEAMON TWEAKER
1,874 Posts
Joe i had the roll pin on the shaft start to come out on mine and it was hanging up the solinoid. Pull it out and look in between the part that moves and the body and make sure the pins in there good.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The solonoid is brand new last fall but that means little or nothing. I'll check it out. The trans was just freshened up over the winter and only has 20 passes on it. I'll call my trans guy and see where he sets the band at and check it too. From the replies it sounds like there is not much that can make the brake slower as an event went on???? I think I'm going to put David in the car and let him go bracket race it Sat if he wants. That should tell us if the brake is messing up or if it is just my ole ass doing the damage.......LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts