Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used a 5 gallon plastic cell for years with regular race fuel. I am converting over to oxygenated fuel and wondering if it's okay to use the plastic cell with oxygenated fuel?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It's fine to use. The light ends of the fuel and some of the oxygen may evaporate out quicker with a plastic cell. If you are going to let the car sit for more than a few weeks, drain the cell and put the fuel back in the drum to keep it fresh. Think of it like a soda. The longer it's exposed to air, the quicker it will go flat.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's fine to use. The light ends of the fuel and some of the oxygen may evaporate out quicker with a plastic cell. If you are going to let the car sit for more than a few weeks, drain the cell and put the fuel back in the drum to keep it fresh. Think of it like a soda. The longer it's exposed to air, the quicker it will go flat.
The longest it will sit in the cell is the time it takes to pour two gallons, fire and run. The oil will be up to temp before I start the engine. Thanks, you just saved me the price of an aluminum cell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts